cheep mostiure meter are thay any good for checking mosture in firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-What’s up with the edit buttons? Can’t edit my post above, no button. Hold on text, nothing either.

-Curiousity, I put $16 of new LR44 batteries in the Stihl meter. Almost everything I checked from 4 different lots was 14-15%. A bunch at 0, which I think means it underranges about 8-10% lowest reading. Even there, I doubt these were under single digits.

-Palm of the hand? Read 31%, with a tingle. Not like a magneto or electric fence, but a definite voltage.

-If I bought another one, I would only consider ones that use 9v or multiple AAA or AA. Those bats are available everywhere and cheap. $16 for a year or two isn’t worth it for my use.

-Probably worth it if selling firewood, but I won’t replace mine. Back to the clank and heft methods.

The one I bought is worthless. I think that unless you are spending real money on a cabinet maker grade professional unit, they are junk or at best a crapshoot. Best best is to bang two pieces together or hit one piece on a hard surface.

You'll know when your wood is actually dry by the weight and sound.

The one I bought is worthless. I think that unless you are spending real money on a cabinet maker grade professional unit, they are junk or at best a crapshoot. Best best is to bang two pieces together or hit one piece on a hard surface.

You'll know when your wood is actually dry by the weight and sound.

*Klink*

"Curiousity, I put $16 of new LR44 batteries in the Stihl meter. Almost everything I checked from 4 different lots was 14-15%. A bunch at 0..."
FYI on special batteries, go to ebay.. many sellers will ship you a whole card 6-10 for about what youd pay for 1 at retail store, assuming you can find it.

Latest posts

Back