cherry echo cs 60 s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyduke

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, let me apologize to the Saw Troll for obvious reasons and to everyone else for posting yet another lookie what I got this Saturday at the garage sale. I'm only doing it because of the remarkable condition of the 40 year old saw.

The story, checking Craigslist this morning I saw a nearby garage sale with a poor photograph that looked like it might be a Jonsereds 49, a favorite of mine. So I finished my coffee loaded up Sparky, the crew dog, and drove over to have a look. On the ground beneath a table were four old saws, an Echo 60s, a 4.5cu Dayton (maybe a remington) a poulon 2000 and a litlle mcculloch top handle, all in excellent cosmetic condition. Turned out the guy has a business buying storage units and reselling them. i picked up the Echo asked if it had fresh mix, then if i could start it. It started on the first pull. We negotiated a price, done. When i got the saw home and in the shop I realized that it had never been in wood. the chain is new. The bar is new. There isn't any oily saw dust in the clutch cover or between the bar and dogs. The bar nuts look like they've never felt a wrench. The air filter was brand new. It had obviously been stored with no fuel. There was no sour smell that lingers even after the tank has been flushed.

ser_no_N0546-sm.JPG

port_N0552-sm.JPG

muffler_N0554-sm.JPG

the only flaws in the paint are on top of the spark plug cover where something had been stacked on it and three small spots on the bottom where it had been resting on a shelf.

The cooling fins are clean. Here's the inside of the cylinder shroud.

cyl_shroud_N0548-sm.JPG

So now I'm loathe to put it in wood lest I deflower it. What should I do?

Attachments

• starboard_N0553-sm.JPG
    starboard_N0553-sm.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 9
Run it like you stole it!!! Naaa even though it's a shame that it's never put to work as intended it's now a collectors item. Clean it up good and drain the fuel system again. Put it on a shelf again like it's now used to and enjoy. Maybe someone is missing it in some collection or something. Then let it go again for the right price. Lucky you!

Motorsen

Run it like you stole it!!! Naaa even though it's a shame that it's never put to work as intended it's now a collectors item. Clean it up good and drain the fuel system again. Put it on a shelf again like it's now used to and enjoy. Maybe someone is missing it in some collection or something. Then let it go again for the right price. Lucky you!

Motorsen

Whoever stored it was careful to store it dry. It's gotten dirtier sitting on my workbench than it was when i bought it this morning, forty years old and never been kissed.

the bar and chain show no wear. the only thing that has me wondering is that the chain is a low kickback type. has that been around for that long?

Found one a few weeks ago , same story hardly used. With search you can find thread , with sn number I found out its from 1970 , used it quite a lot since i have :) there so many made the last 40 years they don't have antique value... Hf with it.

You suck! hahaha!

Way cool man, use it for a GTG saw, then it is a shelf queen most of the time, but still have some fun with it.

You suck! hahaha!

Way cool man, use it for a GTG saw, then it is a shelf queen most of the time, but still have some fun with it.

found a rim type clutch for it. that's a start. one problem is that i just have no use for a 60cc class saw. other than my top handles the smallest saw i normally use is a 272 or 575. i'm impatient. anyway i dug up one of those plastic cases that always seem to find their way into my shop and stuck the thing in that to preserve the blush of youth. now i have to find a place to put it.

Latest posts

Back