Cherry pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last pic is my soon to be 10 yr. old son Tyler attempting to build a tee-pee from the cut-offs.

I had originally planned on making that corner curio/shelf that the wife has been wanting from this wood, but it doesnt seem to look as clear now as it did when I was milling it. Maybe with a little creativity I can still pull it off if not Itll just be used for other PJs.

looks good dusty. It was actually nice here 2 days in a row. We got a ton of yard work done, and I moved the remainder of my logs to be milled to my new milling area. Can't wait to mill again. Later this week sometime!

looks good dusty. It was actually nice here 2 days in a row. We got a ton of yard work done, and I moved the remainder of my logs to be milled to my new milling area. Can't wait to mill again. Later this week sometime!

Ive got a large cedar that I cut down about two months ago that will be my next victim. Dont have any pics of it yet. Talking about moving logs reminded me that I do have a pic of a log trailer that I made a while back. Its made of a section of guard-rail (salvaged from a demo job), a piece of 4 inch channel iron and a homemade axle and rear lawnmower tires and wheels. I can hook it up to my ATV, winch the log onto it with a come-a-long and off I go. It comes in real handy here around the farm.View attachment 49755

Is all this the handywork of my 084? that is some good looking wood....i'm gonna be dropping some nice walnut and cherry tom. to finish up the job i'm on

Ive got a large cedar that I cut down about two months ago that will be my next victim. Dont have any pics of it yet. Talking about moving logs reminded me that I do have a pic of a log trailer that I made a while back. Its made of a section of guard-rail (salvaged from a demo job), a piece of 4 inch channel iron and a homemade axle and rear lawnmower tires and wheels. I can hook it up to my ATV, winch the log onto it with a come-a-long and off I go. It comes in real handy here around the farm.View attachment 49755

I forgot about that cart of yours. I remember it from a previous post. Looks handy

Is all this the handywork of my 084? that is some good looking wood....i'm gonna be dropping some nice walnut and cherry tom. to finish up the job i'm on

No. This was milled with the 041 on my small log mill. Made a few passes with the 395 on the larger Alaskan just to see it chew. The 084 will see its first try at milling this Saturday at the Ohio GTG at Ralphs place. Hopefully someone or myself will get a few pics of it in action.

Nice Job Dusty.
Hopefully I'll do some cherry this summer. I have a few leads. I just got some nice walnut boards this past weekend. A friend of a friend gave them to me. I'm gonna make my babies crib out of it. The walnut was bought by this guy in 1950, and has been sitting in his barn since then. I got four 12 foot x 8" x 6/4" boards. I planed a small section and saw the neetest grain pattern from a knot. It looks like a human spine about 20" long.

Sounds pretty neat! I hope that we will see some pics of the crib. My grandfather built my oldest daughters crib out of some black walnut that he salvaged from an old barn that he tore down for the lumber. Good luck Juice.

Back