chime in if you run a stock saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All stock except for one. Stock gits it done!

If you need a saw with a little more hop than the one you got, there's so many out there that it's not unpossible to find one a little hotter. Just don't have your head set high.

The repairs here and there are enough to take care of, without thinking of modding them. I'm not against modding, I just don't necessitate it for my operations.

Rather have another saw, instead. One or two sized appropriate for the job. (2 is 1, and 1 is none.)

I run them both. The modded are more fun but, I run stock saws more, probably because I have more of them. Although, since I'm not a Pro, I'm usually not in a big hurry and have no need to capitalize on any extra speed. Mostly, I just look for an excuse to run a bigger saw.

All are stock except for the custom body work enhancements.:D

The 372 is fixing to get a Muff Mod just for giggles this fall and if it goes OK, then the 346.

I don't mind fussing a bit, but tools are tools, and toys are toys, and I am kinda old school in that regard.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I own 3 Stihl's: 029, 361 and 440. All are stock out of the box, with the 440 having the longest bar--20". As I don't intend on cutting down any redwoods or sequoias, they work fine for me.

Both of mine are stock jonsered 2159 and stihl 044.

All of my saws are stock. My gz40000, my 350, my346ne, my 2165, and my s50 partner. My cutting with them is something I enjoy and stock works fine for my use. I do enjoy seeing what others do to make their saws more powerful.

All four of my saws are stock. I put a non-cat muffler on the 359 but I don't consider that a mod.

I probably will do a muff-mod on the 359 and maybe some porting in the future just to see what all the fuss is about. I don't use it too much but that could change if it wakes up very much.

1/2 is,, 1/2 aint.
i like picking up a smaller lighter saw and having it do the same work as a bigger heavier one..saves wear and tear on me.

I have a 1989 254 and a ms 310 that has been left stock. (for now anyways) I enjoy running them, they are very dependeable the way they are hate to mess with them.

Back