Chimney cleaning Kit.. You must have if you are old than 50...šŸ‘šŸ‘

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkim13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The reason I bought it was because I was afraid to climb the roof due to my age.

Now, I don't have to climb to the roof to clean the chimney pipe nor remove the sanction of pipes.

It is so convenient and so safe.

Jkim

The reason I bought it was because I was afraid to climb the roof due to my age.

Now, I don't have to climb to the roof to clean the chimney pipe nor remove the sanction of pipes.

Jkim

If thatā€™s all he got, once a year would be just fine.
Iā€™ve had that same system for dryer ventsā€¦24ā€˜. used to death by me and several neighbors who had wacky vent lines. Mine had 7 bends šŸ˜”. The builders should have been shot.

If thatā€™s all he got, once a year would be just fine.
Iā€™ve had that same system for dryer ventsā€¦24ā€˜. used to death by me and several neighbors who had wacky vent lines. Mine had 7 bends šŸ˜”. The builders should have been shot.
Iā€™ve used my leaf blower for the dryer vent.

The very flexible brush should slide right byā€¦same as a chimney sweep would do it.
My brush is threaded to accept those fiberglass sections. But it's fairly stiff steel bristles. I got it caught in the damper one time coming down from the top. The damper was wide open and I pushed the brush too far down.

My brush is threaded to accept those fiberglass sections. But it's fairly stiff steel bristles. I got it caught in the damper one time coming down from the top. The damper was wide open and I pushed the brush too far down.
Ah, Iā€™ve only used the nylon type brushes. Maybe the company that made yours has one?

Bottom up? How do you get the brush past the damper?
So, first off, there's no damper in my furnace. Second have a triple wall stainless chimney so 3 screws and the clean out cover is off for easy bottom up cleaning. Few more screws to pop the pipe off the back of the furnace and brush it and the thimble out. Easy as pie. But did basically the same thing with the old masonry chimney just used a 8" square wire brush ve the 6" round polly brush I use now. The fiberglass poles bend enough to get around the old clean out door and go bottom up on the old chimney.

Jkim

United Home Services

It might be time to stop climbing to clean my chimney. I've seen adds for a chimney cleaning tool with something like a weed wacker head on a flexible rod driven by a drill. Has anyone used one? I'll have to go in through the chimney thimble into an 8x10 flue and up about twenty feet. Thanks for any info.

It might be time to stop climbing to clean my chimney. I've seen adds for a chimney cleaning tool with something like a weed wacker head on a flexible rod driven by a drill. Has anyone used one? I'll have to go in through the chimney thimble into an 8x10 flue and up about twenty feet. Thanks for any info.
You find one, let me know. post a link.

I used one to clean my unlined brick chimney before I put a stainless liner in it. It worked, but made an enormous mess. Make sure you go forward and reverse on the drill.

Jkim

I had a kit from the Sotz barrel stove company that you trimmed a hard plastic piece and ran it up the chimney. Unfortunately, the EPA put Sotz out of business. They made the Monster Maul too. It was a great maul.

Latest posts

Back