Chimney Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastmopar1k

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
We pulled the trigger and purchaced a new stove today. I would like to run the chimney straight thru the cieling. If I run it that way, how do you clean it out? My thought is to put a "T" right off the stove. Am i correct or is there a better way?

my stovepipe and chimney both go straight up through the ceiling.

i remove the firebrick baffles in the top of the stove through the firebox and then i sweep from the top of the chimney down through the stovepipe and right down in to the firebox.

very easy and very clean.

PICT0717.jpg

PICT0718.jpg

volks man: Thats what I planed on doing. I will have to finish getting this thing outta the crate and look. I think this stove has a metal plate across the top of the box with a ceramic blanket. Thanks for the pictures!!

Straight down the chimney into the stove will work if its a non catalytic stove. If it catalytic then a tee or some other clean out is needed.

i used to take down the flue pipe, take it outside and sweep. then i would tape a garbage bag around the ceiling collar with masking tape, sweep and everything falls into the bag. a little more time consuming but not too much mess.

straight down thru the ceiling with chimney and pipe on catalyst stove. section of pipe right above stove is 4 to 6 foot sliding pipe. remove 3 screws where pipe meets stove and slide up to insert ash bucket, go up on roof and sweep straight down. clean stove seperate.

Latest posts

Back