Chinese 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have just taken possession of a Chinese 365 and will be making it into a 372 as a firewood/ milling saw for my father.
Been looking for a 372 for many years in my price range and this came up.
It looks like a direct copy and even has the strengthening ribs in the oil tank that Walt (afleetcommand) talked about on one of his videos.
I have some parts on the way from Hutzl and HLsupply.
I have a OEM 372 with broken cases and some parts ( crank, flywheel, tank handle, Zama carb, low top air filter cover), I want to go with a high top air filter cover and the cheapest I have found is on ebay at $60NZD shipped.
Does anyone have a good condition high top air filter cover that they want to sell that is cheaper than that?, I also want a Walbro carb and (if I can get it?) a BB Meteor cylinder and piston.
I note that the cylinder has a square type bolt on intake boot, can this be changed to the later round clamp type intake boot easily?, anyone got a OEM intake boot for sale?.
Does anyone have links to parts or parts they want to sell (cheap) for a Husqvarna 372?, I also need parts for a Stihl MS260, specifically the quick tensioning system parts like a tensioning gear ( I stupidly borrowed out the bar and chain with the mechanism still attached to the bar to a 'friend' and never got it back).
Being on a fixed income (due to chronic health issues) means I don't have a great deal of money so any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

20170216_204812.jpg
I have just taken possession of a Chinese 365 and will be making it into a 372 as a firewood/ milling saw for my father.
Been looking for a 372 for many years in my price range and this came up.
It looks like a direct copy and even has the strengthening ribs in the oil tank that Walt (afleetcommand) talked about on one of his videos.
I have some parts on the way from Hutzl and HLsupply.
I have a OEM 372 with broken cases and some parts ( crank, flywheel, tank handle, Zama carb, low top air filter cover), I want to go with a high top air filter cover and the cheapest I have found is on ebay at $60NZD shipped.
Does anyone have a good condition high top air filter cover that they want to sell that is cheaper than that?, I also want a Walbro carb and (if I can get it?) a BB Meteor cylinder and piston.
I note that the cylinder has a square type bolt on intake boot, can this be changed to the later round clamp type intake boot easily?, anyone got a OEM intake boot for sale?.
Does anyone have links to parts or parts they want to sell (cheap) for a Husqvarna 372?, I also need parts for a Stihl MS260, specifically the quick tensioning system parts like a tensioning gear ( I stupidly borrowed out the bar and chain with the mechanism still attached to the bar to a 'friend' and never got it back).
Being on a fixed income (due to chronic health issues) means I don't have a great deal of money so any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
I've been running these china saws for over two year's
I've have very good runner's with them.
The 365 have the rectangle shaped intake.
The 372 are round.
If you have an oem cylinder use it with a oem or meteor piston.
I didn't get much life out of the china rings
But the huztl pistons have been great with quality rings oem or meteor.
The hyway big bore is a very strong runner out of the box.
I built two saws with them.
Compression is in the 170s here
Good torquey falling saws.
The only real changes the china saws need are quality fuel and pulse line's.
And a Oem wrist pin bearing is recommended by many.
@huskihl
Have any advice?

View attachment 743021
I've been running these china saws for over two year's
I've have very good runner's with them.
The 365 have the rectangle shaped intake.
The 372 are round.
If you have an oem cylinder use it with a oem or meteor piston.
I didn't get much life out of the china rings
But the huztl pistons have been great with quality rings oem or meteor.
The hyway big bore is a very strong runner out of the box.
I built two saws with them.
Compression is in the 170s here
Good torquey falling saws.
The only real changes the china saws need are quality fuel and pulse line's.
And a Oem wrist pin bearing is recommended by many.
@huskihl
Have any advice?
Good info re the 365 and 372 intakes.
The OEM 372 cyl/piston I have is scored and unusable hence the reason to go with a BB kit, interestingly the OEM cylinder is the rectangle shape...

Back