Chinese chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4% (25/1) the first few tanks; 2,5% (40/1) I would consider basically safe. If you are wise you would decrement it gradually.
After the first season (lots of use), it does not matter if your preference is 2,5% (40/1) or 2% (50/1).
I like 40/1, better a little more lubricant and sot build up - than the risk of getting lean.

4% (25/1) the first few tanks; 2,5% (40/1) I would consider basically safe. If you are wise you would decrement it gradually.
After the first season (lots of use), it does not matter if your preference is 2,5% (40/1) or 2% (50/1).
I like 40/1, better a little more lubricant and sot build up - than the risk of getting lean.
I run 40/1 in my neotec 660 clone

Depends on the oil. 50:1 on some is better than 25:1 with others
I'd say on a Farmertec or other Chinease use 25 to 1 the first season, they are really coarse honed.
Next year go down to 40 to 1.
I use strictly synthetic oil that I buy in a 5 liters can (1.3208602618 gallon). I allways mix my own fuel - usually 40/1 on anything. It may not be optimal, but it may be safe.

What mix ratio are you using in your farmertec and other Chinese saws?
Doesn't matter, they will destroy themselves. Nothing like chinesium lack of engineering. The failure rate lends itself to the sheer volume of guys, asking these questions. What went wrong? You bought garbage from china........

Are the Chinese made box store saws any better? Like Ryobi and Craftsman ?
I just bought a Ryobi 14" from Home Depot.
At first it was really weak. And got hot as hill when making it cut. This was first tank. Running can gas with red armor 40:1
I think this was coarsely machined parts wearing in.

Now at the third tank it is waking up. It will go strong with the full bar buried in black locust.

It will be a meth head thief decoy , sitting up front of the building while the good saws are hiding.

40:1 here in everything, oem, afm, trimmers, blowers, no issues in Farmertec yet from a mechanical failure.

One local had 3 years of hard use on a G372 Farmertec before slag from muffler mod got him. New $23 topend kit he is back at it.

Just got to know how to do maintenance on saws and know what to listen for like any saw.

One of many. 350 shipped.

4 $ piston in pic is out of spec so through a dukes moly piston in it for 21 $. Now 180psi half tank in.

g3953637520.jpgg39536.jpgg395pppp.jpg
g395psidukesp.jpg

I run 50:1 in all my 2 stroke equipment. Including my ms660. 15 tanks full and the piston looks clean. I did a light port job and a bgd. It started with 145psi comp. and now has 187. So far it's a good saw.

Are the Chinese made box store saws any better? Like Ryobi and Craftsman ?
I just bought a Ryobi 14" from Home Depot.
At first it was really weak. And got hot as hill when making it cut. This was first tank. Running can gas with red armor 40:1
I think this was coarsely machined parts wearing in.

Now at the third tank it is waking up. It will go strong with the full bar buried in black locust.

It will be a meth head thief decoy , sitting up front of the building while the good saws are hiding.
Thats a perfect decoy; any Ryobi/Craftsman/Blue Max, etc...is a POS waiting to be fueled.....by a fooled woodsman. Homeowners who clip a lilac once a year should gravitate to a saw-zall. CHEAP chainsaws only further our re-cycling woes. BUY Stihl/Husqvarna, etc...., and always have a great, serviceable machine.

Leave to planned obsolescence garbage on the shelf.

Doesn't matter, they will destroy themselves. Nothing like chinesium lack of engineering. The failure rate lends itself to the sheer volume of guys, asking these questions. What went wrong? You bought garbage from china........
Seems like they are holding up for the folks using them on chainsaw mills so who knows. People used to make similar comments about Jap cars. Now, I wouldn't waste money on a new car from the big 3 if the were selling them for $20 each. I'm certainly not comparing a Farmertec to a Lexus or even an Accord. I highly doubt anyone would ever be able to make that kind of comparison, but I also question whether Stihl and Husqvarna products are continuing to get better. My biggest complaint about the Chinese saws is that they are super heavy. I'd never recommend one as a primary logging, felling, or firewood saw, but for some applications they are, by far, the best bang for the buck.

Thats a perfect decoy; any Ryobi/Craftsman/Blue Max, etc...is a POS waiting to be fueled.....by a fooled woodsman. Homeowners who clip a lilac once a year should gravitate to a saw-zall. CHEAP chainsaws only further our re-cycling woes. BUY Stihl/Husqvarna, etc...., and always have a great, serviceable machine.

Leave to planned obsolescence garbage on the shelf.
Having watched my neighbor try to clean up an occasional limb with his battery powered sawzall, I can honestly say that's the worst advice I've ever read in my entire life. Totally agree that those saws are junk, but I've seen them set on the shelf for years on end and fire right up, cut up a few limbs or an ornamental tree, and then go right back on the shelf while the OEM ZAMA carb in my Stihl needs replaced or rebuilt every few years if it's going to stand a chance of starting.

Obviously you can't post about any of the clone sawz on this forum without the usual suspects sabotaging it into the political beliefs of the economic world system. An honest discussion SHOULD be taking place here ,not the emotional rants.
It's pretty pointless to start these threads without moderators stepping in to regulate them.
They started political and religious threads for this reason?

Obviously you can't post about any of the clone sawz on this forum without the usual suspects sabotaging it into the political beliefs of the economic world system. An honest discussion SHOULD be taking place here ,not the emotional rants.
It's pretty pointless to start these threads without moderators stepping in to regulate them.
They started political and religious threads for this reason?
If nobody hated on them and everyone loved them the prices would go up though lol. Obviously the haters haven’t run them but we need those people to keep the prices low lol.

Latest posts

Back