Chinese chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you guys will be shocked with the quality that will come from china within the next 10-15 years.

There is a lot of debate among guitar players regarding MIC guitars & gear. Some of the low end products are still hit-or-miss, but you'd be amazed at how much the quality has improved, especially for the more difficult to make acoustics, over the last few years.

I can see some MIC chainsaws eventually reaching an acceptable quality level (some probably already have). Good design, good parts, strict quality control, etc. It's already happened with many others power tools.

Of course there are down sides--Patent infringement, using cheap and/or child labor, undercutting the prices of manufactorers who are more 'politically correct,' etc.

Yeah mate there are at least two 365XP styles being produced in China. One has lower quality bearings and also apparently a smaller, lighter crank. It also has the square intake manifold like the older model 365 (so I'm led to believe?). The ones I have coming are the heavier duty ones wth the round intake and although they cost USD$50 more a piece I believe they will be worth it.
The 066 copy is a bolt for bolt knock off (like all the saws) and actually not much more expensive than the 365's. The 070 is also the same price as the 066 although freight a bit more expensive :cheers:
I got the 070 in for a bit of nostalgia and fun but for the price they are fetching on eBay I can sell one and buy two more!
The 066 and 365's are solely and wholey to test the BB kits I'm importing and to also sell more of if they prove to be OK and reliable. For what I can sell any of the above saws for you wouldn't even be able to buy an MS192T or MS230 for in Australia.
Already I have "sold" more than the above number however I have told the interested local guys that until I make sure they are up to scratch I won't be selling anything. Another member here was also interested in one of the 365's to bolt a 372XP BB kit to.
Once they arrive over the next week or two I'm going to video them out the box, fuelled up, and see how well they start from scratch with no prior running. I'll check compressions and rpm's too.

Maybe you can try a aftermarket 090 P & C kit on the 070 some day and you will have a 'real' saw ;). It will probably need a clutch upgrade also.

I had planned to try out a 372 BB kit on my 365 also - hopefully i will get around to that someday.

The rpm's will probably need adjusting because the chinese saws only seem to run on a max of 11000rpm. I tuned mine to 13500 and it ran really well.

It's tough to keep your dollar in the US (or other home country) these days, but humoring/supporting something like this is perpetuating the tidal wave that is the Chinese cheap knockoff and hurting your own countries...

It's tough to keep your dollar in the US (or other home country) these days, but humoring/supporting something like this is perpetuating the tidal wave that is the Chinese cheap knockoff and hurting your own countries...

No that's not the case at all. I've more than supported the big saw manufacturers over the years.
In the US, I'd be more than happy to buy genuine Stihl saws or Husky saws etc and wouldn't even consider Chinese knock offs (just to try by the way - not full blown importation by the container load). However, as has been mentioned many times on AS, you guys in the states pay basically HALF for a pro model saw compared to what we pay in Australia (nearly 1/3rd the price on a Stihl 200T!!!).
Therefore, the guys I would be targeting with the cheaper Chinese knock offs, would never have bought a big name pro saw anyway as they simply couldn't have afforded one. There is no way in hell I would rock up at to a pro logging operation and present them with a Chinese saw to sell, that'd be suicide.
These saws are only there to sell to guys that would otherwise have bought another Chinese made saw anyway.

No that's not the case at all. I've more than supported the big saw manufacturers over the years.
In the US, I'd be more than happy to buy genuine Stihl saws or Husky saws etc and wouldn't even consider Chinese knock offs (just to try by the way - not full blown importation by the container load). However, as has been mentioned many times on AS, you guys in the states pay basically HALF for a pro model saw compared to what we pay in Australia (nearly 1/3rd the price on a Stihl 200T!!!).
Therefore, the guys I would be targeting with the cheaper Chinese knock offs, would never have bought a big name pro saw anyway as they simply couldn't have afforded one. There is no way in hell I would rock up at to a pro logging operation and present them with a Chinese saw to sell, that'd be suicide.
These saws are only there to sell to guys that would otherwise have bought another Chinese made saw anyway.

Yes, pro saws in Australia are only for those who can really afford them... almost like buying a second car. And when you look at the fact that I bought my last chinese saw for around 10% of an 'equivalent' stihl saw, home handyman cutters don't really have to think twice.
The guy selling the chinese chainsaws on Aus ebay has sold close to 50000 of them from memory, which further proves the point.

Yes, pro saws in Australia are only for those who can really afford them... almost like buying a second car. And when you look at the fact that I bought my last chinese saw for around 10% of an 'equivalent' stihl saw, home handyman cutters don't really have to think twice.
The guy selling the chinese chainsaws on Aus ebay has sold close to 50000 of them from memory, which further proves the point.

Yeah I agree mate. The fact that 99% of Australian saw users probably don't even know what the term "pro" saw means illustrates that point.

I think you guys will be shocked with the quality that will come from china within the next 10-15 years.

Reminds me the days when everyone thought Japanese products were all inferior to American made. Look at them now... it's a shame they kind of priced themselves out of the market, but it's China's gain now. :givebeer:

To whom said it was a copy of the redmax saw... where does that particular Redmax saw come from? Heck, it could be that same manufacturer if it is from China ;)

I'm going to agree with you on that. i bought a chinese four wheeler for my daughter..granted the quality isn't a polaris or yamaha but it serves its purpose. It's a learning quad. Starts all of the time!

Latest posts

Back