Chinese cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, but to say they're in cahoots with FT or whatever crazy ass theory Michael helped you come up with is a little far fetched don't you think?
My opinion is no.... Not far fetched at all. They don't manufacture the saws anymore. They have replaced them with a better line. Why would they want to put resources in to manufacturing parts to fix out dated saws when they can allow someone else to do it hella cheaper. There's a reason Stihl has a plant in China. Labor and materials are cheaper. Obviously, the quality control needs some oversight, but Stihl doesn't care because they have guys who don't fix their old saws, they buy the new model instead because they can afford the cost to be buried in a few jobs. Guys like me don't give a **** because downtime doesn't affect me. I just fix it and move on without whining about patriotic fallacy. The corporations of the world (like Stihl) only care about the bottom line. They lead you to believe that the opposite is true, but you surely cannot be that narrow minded. I love how people ***** and moan about fat cats getting fatter off the people in this country, then the same people ***** and moan when another option presents itself. We want to tax the rich for being rich, and take away all of the drive to become rich in the process... Yet we keep filling their pockets because of their overinflated pricing and under performance on customer service...

.....an
My opinion is no.... Not far fetched at all. They don't manufacture the saws anymore. They have replaced them with a better line. Why would they want to put resources in to manufacturing parts to fix out dated saws when they can allow someone else to do it hella cheaper. There's a reason Stihl has a plant in China. Labor and materials are cheaper. Obviously, the quality control needs some oversight, but Stihl doesn't care because they have guys who don't fix their old saws, they buy the new model instead because they can afford the cost to be buried in a few jobs. Guys like me don't give a **** because downtime doesn't affect me. I just fix it and move on without whining about patriotic fallacy. The corporations of the world (like Stihl) only care about the bottom line. They lead you to believe that the opposite is true, but you surely cannot be that narrow minded. I love how people ***** and moan about fat cats getting fatter off the people in this country, then the same people ***** and moan when another option presents itself. We want to tax the rich for being rich, and take away all of the drive to become rich in the process... Yet we keep filling their pockets because of their overinflated pricing and under performance on customer service...
And you just had to drag me into this stupid ass argument again didn't you.
I honestly don't care. Do whatever makes you happy. Buy whatever you want. My saws cut well, that's the end of my argument.

Stop bragging. It just shows you have spent more than we thought on that junk.
Oh is it about the money now? I've spent close to or more than 20 grand with them... I've almost doubled that by selling it to people like me who don't give a rip. Who's the idiot? Find a market and fill it. That's the American dream people

For how long?
Who cares how long. Like I said, if it breaks I fix it. I can tear that thing down to the case halves in a half hour. I can put it back together in about 2. What would it matter to me if it breaks???

Who cares how long. Like I said, if it breaks I fix it. I can tear that thing down to the case halves in a half hour. I can put it back together in about 2. What would it matter to me if it breaks???
You're right. There is no point arguing with you. You have ZERO pride or value your time, let alone your work. "Who cares if it breaks". :omg:

I can do that with an OEM 372 and I do care how long it lasts. If you are selling for a 100 percent profit, you should be also.

Wow, here we go again. Let's call my integrity into question again. EVERY one I have ever sold has had the same warranty offered. Only a few have called on it, and I have honored it EVERY TIME. I enjoy building them, so I don't care about fixing them. The things you take away from our arguments intrigue me. It is obvious that you only hear what you want to. I'm done guys. We are kicking a dead horse here and I have a deck to build.

Wow, here we go again. Let's call my integrity into question again. EVERY one I have ever sold has had the same warranty offered. Only a few have called on it, and I have honored it EVERY TIME. I enjoy building them, so I don't care about fixing them. The things you take away from our arguments intrigue me. It is obvious that you only hear what you want to. I'm done guys. We are kicking a dead horse here and I have a deck to build.
Less integrity and more morals. You've said yourself they're sub-standard. You don't feel the least bit bad selling a warranted POS?

Less integrity and more morals. You've said yourself they're sub-standard. You don't feel the least bit bad selling a warranted POS?
He sells admittedly non-first quality saws with a warranty that he honors (probably better than our first quality dealers - I've heard all the horror stories). How about we stop baiting him and get off his case?

Using Chi-Com on the deck too? They have cheaper nails and you'll only get screwed once!

He sells admittedly non-first quality saws with a warranty that he honors (probably better than our first quality dealers - I've heard all the horror stories). How about we stop baiting him and get off his case?
I just can't stop feeling like I'm helping people that don't know how ****** the FT/Huztl stuff is. People keep asking, I keep responding. He's the self anointed "man" on them so why not?

The people who I have sold them to actively sought out aftermarket saws because they were sick of the overinflated costs they had to pay for a top of the line saw with piss poor customer service. Every saw I sold was sold to someone who knew full well what they were buying. So no I don't feel one bit sorry for giving them what they wanted, and am happy to have been able to provide the customer service they wanted. EVERY customer of mine has my personal cell phone number and my address, and EVERY customer of mine has walked away happy. Even the ones whose saw had issues. Don't you dare call my morals into play, you know nothing about me.

Back