Chinese cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The people who I have sold them to actively sought out aftermarket saws because they were sick of the overinflated costs they had to pay for a top of the line saw with piss poor customer service. Every saw I sold was sold to someone who knew full well what they were buying. So no I don't feel one bit sorry for giving them what they wanted, and am happy to have been able to provide the customer service they wanted. EVERY customer of mine has my personal cell phone number and my address, and EVERY customer of mine has walked away happy. Even the ones whose saw had issues. Don't you dare call my morals into play, you know nothing about me.
FTC-Buyers-Guide-Sample-453x600.jpg

I had a customer call me the other day.
My business is not related to small engines but I dabble on the side and people know that.
I had a customer call me the other day wanting to know Hutzls website.
Im like you can get a Echo cs400 on Craigslist for like 200 new in the box.
He wanted to build one and put it in the cabin and not give a crap if it got stolen.

I had a customer call me the other day.
My business is not related to small engines but I dabble on the side and people know that.
I had a customer call me the other day wanting to know Hutzls website.
Im like you can get a Echo cs400 on Craigslist for like 200 new in the box.
He wanted to build one and put it in the cabin and not give a crap if it got stolen.
That's what $50 CL 350s with milky fuel lines are for...

40!?!?..... Hell I've built 45 stihlinese 660s alone! And 31 chusk 372s.... I'm well beyond 40 pal. I can go back through my vids and get you an exact number if necessary on all of the other Ch'its I've built if you want.....i like how you use Chaws and Charts though.... Funny **** right there.

Did I miss something?
Last time I was at school, 76 was greater than (over) 40........ I am guessing in this day and age that this is still correct?

I gather the suggestions is not to use the Chinese made ****. But on the other hand a very close inspection is needed if we do. But the chink cheap cylinders if she seezes bad then we to split and case and start over. Pay for cheap Chinese ****, or pay up front now for oem first or do it again and buy oem?

We must remember to find out what made the saw seeze in the first place. It will happen again if we don’t figure it out. Air leak, running lean, can be crankbearings and seals could be the problem. A leak down test is needed. There are no short cuts.

I have two 181se saws and one 288 Xp. My first 181se has like new compression I think I’ll leave it orginal. My other 181 I didn’t inspect yet. If it’s low on compression I’ll re-ring it if the cylinder is ok. My 288 Xp has a replacement am cylinder I believe with no c/r in it. There’s a hole for it in the top cover. I’m thinking about a c/r cylinder on the 288 Xp. My 266 will get the Italian piston kit with the c/r. Overall I’ll stay away from the Chinese **** as much as possible I guess.

I gather the suggestions is not to use the Chinese made ****. But on the other hand a very close inspection is needed if we do. But the chink cheap cylinders if she seezes bad then we to split and case and start over. Pay for cheap Chinese ****, or pay up front now for oem first or do it again and buy oem?

We must remember to find out what made the saw seeze in the first place. It will happen again if we don’t figure it out. Air leak, running lean, can be crankbearings and seals could be the problem. A leak down test is needed. There are no short cuts.

I have two 181se saws and one 288 Xp. My first 181se has like new compression I think I’ll leave it orginal. My other 181 I didn’t inspect yet. If it’s low on compression I’ll re-ring it if the cylinder is ok. My 288 Xp has a replacement am cylinder I believe with no c/r in it. There’s a hole for it in the top cover. I’m thinking about a c/r cylinder on the 288 Xp. My 266 will get the Italian piston kit with the c/r. Overall I’ll stay away from the Chinese **** as much as possible I guess.
My Corona!!!!!

Billy, why did a husky or stihl run 30 years, then you expect them to be NOS by putting crap Chi-Com parts in it?

Look at the cylinders they make! Post a picture of the insides, port chamfers, plating, casting..........we want to see the $30 crap!

Silk purse or a sows ear ring a bell? I have posted Italian AM cylinder pictures, when Italians made them, do that with the Chi-Com stuff you love so much.

Lets see

Latest posts

Back