Chip Truck/Landscape Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberjacked

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just bought a '03 F-450, it has a landscape body on it right now but its main use will be a chip truck. We do do quite a bit of landscape work; tree plantings, mulch/soil delivery, so the body needs a removable top. Just wondering if any of you guys had something similar to what I am describing. Pictures would be awesome! thanks guys.

I know this is an old post...but I am in a very similar situation. I have an f350 with a 5.4 and a Truck Craft dump insert. Quite frankly, the truck is just too small for me...however I would be interested in knowing what you did. I am delivering topsoil, chips and mulch half the days of the week and doing tree work the other half...so having something with a removable top is a must.

in spite of age a good question. f350 for multiple use, built high sides and front panel out of 5/8 plywood. Attached a pair of vertical tube mounts on each side. made two arched hoops out of EMT, which slide into the vertical tube mounts. Top is covered with approx 7x7' tarp, using hooks on front, tie ropes on sides, tie strings on back end. basically a Conestoga wagon top that weighs a few pounds, sets up and takes down in 10 min. Sturdy enough for local travel but not for interstate. Can post pix if need be.

Yes please, let me see a picture of how you made the tarp that goes on top

Tried to edit these pix in to orig post but no luck.
Mostly this is the top components. Also use a sliding panel to cover the front bed window when chipping.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1774.JPG
    IMG_1774.JPG