CHIPPER CHIP CHIP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labans

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are about to begin our woodcutting season here in Texas and the chipper we have been using will no longer be available. So I am thinking to buy or build one.
However, the number one issue I have with commercial chippers is how incredibly, stupidly slow they are, wasting time on the forward and backward motions.
I wold love any recommendations on the FASTEST darn FASTEST chipper I might could buy!! Or if anyone has a built a damn-fast unit, LMK!!!
Thank you

Chipper slow? What do you consider fast? What diameter material? If your wanting fast violent and stupid get a chuck and duck and be done or get the appropriate size chipper for your needs

We are about to begin our woodcutting season here in Texas and the chipper we have been using will no longer be available. So I am thinking to buy or build one.
However, the number one issue I have with commercial chippers is how incredibly, stupidly slow they are, wasting time on the forward and backward motions.
I wold love any recommendations on the FASTEST darn FASTEST chipper I might could buy!! Or if anyone has a built a damn-fast unit, LMK!!!
Thank you
Chipper or splitter?

This is the autofeed working as it should.

If you don't like this feature it can be bypassed, but notice how the engine bogs down and how quickly the feed wheel stalls.

I purchased a BC1000XL auction chipper with autofeed bypassed and after several stall events I removed the modification.

Ya, I think his terminology is a little twisted, I do believe he is referencing splitters, particularly with statement build my own. Not that several members could not accomplish that, myself included.

Back