chipper wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf66

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I would really like to pick up a bandit model 65 with a diesel motor. I may step up to a vermeer 935 or 9" morbark. I need something light to have a F-250 be able to tow without beating on the truck. I looked at a bandit 65 with a 36hp diesel in it and it worked well, I have a offer on that unit, but he is asking a bit much. Anyone around the tri state area or know some one selling one of these units, please let me know. Yoy can contact me on my cell if you wish (914) 462-0994

I towed a 9" bandit with a 1/2 ton chevy and didnt feel it was a strain on the vehicle.

You should be able to tow 12000lbs with a 250......

you can move up to a bandit 150 or 200 with no towing problems whatsoever.

I know I can tow larger chippers as I towed a W/C 17 from NC to NY with that same truck. But with a box on the truck and that box full of chips + the weight of the chipper, will be a little to much for it in my opinion. I have a friend who has a nice bandit 90 that I may buy, but for the P/T work I do with it, vs the storage, I may go with a bandit 65 with a diesel unit. I work F/T for the local utility as a utility arborist and am only doing the tree work on a P/T basis now. If I was doing the tree work F/T, I would try to get a woodsman 18X and a crane with chip box. But I am trying to keep it small right now.

Wolf66, not sure where in NY you are but I live in the Rochester area and I'll be putting my Bandit 65 up for sale soon. It is a 2000 with about 600 hrs. on it. it is very good condition and has been regularly maintained. the only drawback (to you) is that it has a 35 gas engine on it.

Jeff

Wolf66 said:
I know I can tow larger chippers as I towed a W/C 17 from NC to NY with that same truck. But with a box on the truck and that box full of chips + the weight of the chipper, will be a little to much for it in my opinion. I have a friend who has a nice bandit 90 that I may buy, but for the P/T work I do with it, vs the storage, I may go with a bandit 65 with a diesel unit. I work F/T for the local utility as a utility arborist and am only doing the tree work on a P/T basis now. If I was doing the tree work F/T, I would try to get a woodsman 18X and a crane with chip box. But I am trying to keep it small right now.

it's easy to get big in this industry, but yet there is always a chance to become too big. big enought to where you need help to maintaian a nice pay check after workes comp. Life is such a wonderful thing.:chainsaw:

Hey ,if you know of any other chippers out there that you don't want to buy please let me know. I live in So. Jersey. Just sold an Eager beaver with a ford 50hp gas motor , it worked good but needed a good going over.. So if you come across something used ,self feeding in good shape E-Mail me at [email protected] Thanks Dennis

Wanted: Good used chipper

I also am looking for a good used self feeder chipper. Anyone in the Illinois area. I'm just starting , my brother and myself. Our father now 79 been doing trees since the 40's. We grew up helping him. Now we are starting and he's training us, or sharing some of his knowledge. He was a climber from way back. As long as the chipper runs and works good, let me know. Not looking for new , just good used for now! Bob

Hey Arnbold,
I may have what your are looking for if you are still looking, as for any one else who maybe interested also. I have a 2000 Brush Bandit Model 65 with a 35 horse WI gas, it has about 1000 hours on it. It is in good shape. Greased every day, oil changed and filter every 100 hrs. Just did a hydraulic fluid flush new hydraulic fluid and filter, new air filter. This machine has been very reliable to me and starts every time, and runs very strong for a six inch chipper. Any questions please give me a e-mail.

equipment for sale

I have several chippers, trucks and stumper for sale that may solve your problem. I have two f-450's, 99 and 2000, both diesel with about 70K on each. Both have chipper boxs with tool boxs. I have 3 chippers: Morbark 1200 D - 14" chipper, Morbark 10" and a Vermeer 1250 - 12". The Morbark 10" and the Vermeer 12" can be towed behind a F-250. I also have a Raygo RG50 - 2004 model with around 200 hrs. on it. Will sell all or pieces. Let me know if you are interested any any of these. Shoot me an email at [email protected] or call me on my cell at 336-516-1763

reply to chipper wanted

we have a chipper for sale its practically new, brush bandit 1240H self feed might not be in your budget, still we wish you good luck . Noel

More equipment for sale

Hi, I have a 2004 Bandit Super250PTO for sale, asking 15,000. A 1985 Mercedes Unimog U1200, (asking 25,000) with Nokka 3467 crane (asking 15,000) and Nokka JK220 Super log grapple (asking 2500). Broke my leg in Jan and am shutting everything done. All located in western Montana.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back