Chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in Yonkers until I was 4 years old. Now I am up in Yorktown. Where did you wind up buying your Vermeer from? They opened up a place in Mahopac last year. The current people are less than desireable, however the first group of people who worked there were fabulous. BIG Jeff and Pam. Do you ever do business with the crazies in Ossining? I have known them for several years now, and they are always good for a story or two ;)

I purchased the 252 from Jeff (he is a great guy) I first met Jeff in 96 when I purchased a 625 chipper, Then in 98 I purchased a 935 from Jeff, these units came from the Castleton store. The 252 originated from the Ct. store but I got from some other guy, who sold me on the auto sweep(I regret getting that option) but came back with a unit without it. I asked for them to correct the problem and Jeff came to my house and all was corrected. Its to bad he doesnt work there anymore, I remember around that time he got fed up and left. The guy lost so much weight from 98, I almost did'nt reconize him. I have a lot of friends in and around Yorktown
I find myself doing a desent amount of work on lake Mayopac. I have a jet ski up there right now that needs to come back to Yonkers.

Do you mean that when I met Jeff in 2002 he had LOST weight? Wow, I would hate to have seen how bad off he was if that was him after losing a lot. I had worked for Charlie who owns Mahopac Marina a number of years ago. His wife is a really nice lady ROFL.

If you met Jeff in 2002, then he already lost a lot of weight. Back in 1996 when I first met him he was at least +200, then he was in 2003 when I seen him again. He would always be the first to say how fat he was, and I would tell him thats because you need a lot of room to hold such a big heart. The guy went out of his way several times to correct things that vermeer messed up on me, he is all aces.

When I met Jeff in 2002 he must have been at least 300# You are right though, he is a VERY nice man. Always did good by me. Any idea where he can be reached? I would like to send him a holiday card and see what he is doing now. If he was still selling equipment, I would definately go wherever I had to, to deal with him, no matter what brand he was selling.

The last time I spoke with him (when he was leaving Vermeer) he told me he was moving in with family around the Syracuse area. I told him to try to stay in touch but havent heard from him sence.
He is the type of guy who would refuse to take a tip because to him its all part of the job. I will not do buissnes with vermeer ever again unless they took him back. It was to my understanding that Vermeer promised a great deal to him and after he sold his house and relocated, they changed the deal on him. I guess its true what they say about nice guys finishing last.

Back