Chippers ever hear of "Salsco"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your chuck and duck will always eat small branches faster than anybodys hydraulic feed unit. Thats why the line crews use them. But there only good on small stuff. If you have much 7"-12" material most chuck and ducks just can not swallow it
Chipperman

Jay, Thats why I use a drum, Anything Larger than 5" is sold for Firewood and Pine ect is hauled to the burn pit.

Do you have a skid steer model?

Interesting how many of you guys have had or heard of bad experiences with the 250 BB, especially sheet metal problems. Boy, not us...1500 hours on it, and it screams. It is a lot lighter than the comparable Morbarks, and that i like, as we have a 366 gas chip truck with poor power on hill or loaded. (18 yd dump, weighs more than most being a converted lift truck.) Of course the live hydraulics, feed wheel lift and winch make the crew majorly happy. In fact, John keep saying he want to have sex with it....LOL.

Treeclimber165
I agree on the weight. I have yet to see that they are cheaper. and as for servicing them how often are you replacing your disc bearings. I would agree though alot of mfgs are building them, many are building both.
chipperman

Skidsteer unit

Salsco does not make a skidsteer model BUT. I think you can mount a 4" or 6" PTO chipper to your using a mount that Gossen makes. one side is a universal mount (skidsteer) other is a 3 point and it has a hydraulic motor and spline to run the shaft. You may need to have the hiflo hydraulic system on your unit.
chipperman

Latest posts

Back