Choices Choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfking42084

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to have the oppurtunity to buy a chipper now. I've been sharing one with a friend in the business for 5 years now. He does mostly storm clean up now, so he is very seldom here to use it anyways. He has a brush bandit 250, probably a 98' model. Other than that I occasionaly have to rent a vermeer 1000, almost brand new. So now that the wife is finished up college, I finally have the funds to buy my own. I have found a 96' woodchuck(12") that is just had a rebuilt engine. Good looking machine with everything replaced, just faded paint. And also an older Bandit 90 that is in great shape for the age. I like both chippers but need some help in my decision. One will handle larger material, but one would be lighter to tow and back down steep drives. I have an idea that the woodchuck would be similar to the bandit 250 in a way?? How do people like the bandit 90? thanks guys

I have a bandit 250xp best chipper ever I have used almost every make of chipper out there and bandit is the toughest made. I tell you the truth the 90 your looking at maybe smaller but really I wish i would have went with a smaller chipper sometimes (if its 12 inch material its fire wood)

I have a bandit 250xp best chipper ever I have used almost every make of chipper out there and bandit is the toughest made. I tell you the truth the 90 your looking at maybe smaller but really I wish i would have went with a smaller chipper sometimes (if its 12 inch material its fire wood)

+1

I've got a Bandit 90XP chipper and it is rock solid. It will actually take limbs larger than the Vermeer 9" will and is just the right size to get into tight spots and not too big to tow. Perfect size chipper IMHO. You can't go no better than Bandit in my opinion.

I might know where there is a good one for sale. PM me if you want and let me know what price range you are looking in.

It's going to be really hard to compare a 250XP to a 90 but as far as build quality goes, bandit's are rock solid in my opinion. The smallest bandit I have ever used was a 150+ but even that machine was mean. Good luck

If you go with the 12" chipper you will not regret it. I dont see how i made it without one all that time. The 12" chippers arent that bad as far as towing goes. I would go with it.

Latest posts

Back