Chris wells.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a newb with less than 50 posts I see both sides of the argument. I am glad I don't have anything to sell here, and when I buy something from one of you I can assure you the $$ will be paid before I ask you to ship anything.

Yeah. I vote 5 active credible members have to sign off on you first or its a requirement that newbs send their end of the deal first till they hit a certain amount of good deals. Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good idea. The credible member part anyways. I know that If I was selling something though, I will not be sending anything out without funds in my hands, irregardless of my post count. Whether its here, or other places where I have 2,000+ posts.

id be calling every family member he has til I seen my money or saw. he will not man up on his own so maybe his family will force him to come clean. the first thing any bill collector does when they cant get a person to respond to them is start calling all the family. guys its like a telethon, I say keep calling his family till the goal is met.
That's actually works on loggers who refuse to pay fallers. I had a local logger who owed me for six days of cutting, at a flat-rate agreed upon by both parties prior to the job. Six months later, I called and talked to the guy's wife. I had my money four days later.

Good to see the good people looking out for each other here and policing the forum for the good of us all.
I hope this is made right or the dirtbag gets what he deserves plus a little extra.

I have bought a few saws here and have been treated great. Even a follow up to make sure the saws were as advertized.
I would put my business name/address in my PM to them so if they wanted to check me out they had a start. Been in business over 40 years so you could find me.

Your word is your bond, if not you better look both ways before crossing the street while watching your six.

Guys, I'm sorry you have gotten ripped, but I've bought lots of stuff from new members with low or zero post counts and have never been scammed. I say don't throw away the baby with the bath water. There are steps the buyer can take to assure they have some recourse if the merchandise doesn't show up as planned. Personally, I won't send a MO for saw parts. It's PP or I pass. Most transactions are done as gifts, but I have done a few as a purchase if I thought there might be a problem or the amount was more than I could afford to lose.

BTW, the only timed I have been ripped was with in dealing with Teddy Scout.

Good luck with getting your money back from Chris. I would hate to be out $1000.

I was not comfortable with sending the MO. But his reference was good. Learned yet another lesson. Having to sell off a couple saws to recoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe we should start a donation for you so you can recoup some of your lost. It does not have to be money, we all have parts laying around. Maybe we could send you the parts and you could build a saw for your loss. We can call it save stihls066 saws campaign.

I don't have any business with this guy, but I did call and speak with him two days ago.

Well he said he was Chris father, ken. He did seem to know what i was talking about. He got the message to start paying and returning stuff from me, loud and clear.

Personally, I don't think a "post count" will accomplish anything. I could probably rack up a 100 posts on AS in an evening by going into each of the sub forums with trite little comments or saying +1 and so forth. If a person wants to build some credibility they could start by selling some small items or making some purchases, etc. I haven't had any issues with anyone on the site other than people saying they want something but then never closing on the purchase. No harm, just frustrating. We don't want to hurt the entire AS community by trying to prevent these issues with means that are likely ineffective.

As long as purchases are being done via mail, there is the potential for this sort of thing to take place. Thankfully it's rare.

Personally, I don't think a "post count" will accomplish anything. I could probably rack up a 100 posts on AS in an evening by going into each of the sub forums with trite little comments or saying +1 and so forth. If a person wants to build some credibility they could start by selling some small items or making some purchases, etc. I haven't had any issues with anyone on the site other than people saying they want something but then never closing on the purchase. No harm, just frustrating. We don't want to hurt the entire AS community by trying to prevent these issues with means that are likely ineffective.

As long as purchases are being done via mail, there is the potential for this sort of thing to take place. Thankfully it's rare.
:clap::clap::clap:

If you guys have your reciepts for the mo's talk to your local post masters.cant find anything on fraud protection but they can im sure do some investigating.theft at $1000 is probably a serious offense on a federal level.alot more serious than mailbox bashing.
I used to do a boat load of mail going out per week and got to know my local post master pretty well.

Latest posts

Back