Christmas in August

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klickitatsacket

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Winlock, Wa. under the shadow of Mt. St. Helens
Look what the guy in the red and white truck brought me today. My original straight pencil grinder is about ready for a rebuild so I thought I should get a new one while it is away. I also picked up a right angle grinder while I was at it. These are completely rebuildable. My first grinder is about 2 years old now and still works good every day but figured I better rebuild just for good measure. sorry too big ultra has kindly fixed it.

Last edited:
NICE! I take it those are air powered?! Wish I could afford Snap-On everything, but I can't. I justify the quality in my high use tools, but oddball stuff I use rarely, in a pinch, or when it comes in handy, is mostly off-brand Harbor Freight goodies! I will say, for the money, some of their tools are fairly decent. My $15 dollar 4-1/2" grinder can't be beat for the money...yeah, I know it is no Metabo or Dewalt or Bosch or...but the damn thing takes a beating and keeps running like a top. And, when it burns up, I can buy 9 more for the price of that Metabo or Dewalt or Bosch or...

Anyhow, not to rant. Lets see some pictures of it in action! And remember, some people have dial-up, that picture was quite large.

attachment.php

Dean can you make the picture a little bigger so I can see it...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

yes they are air. I actually bought 2 from HF a few months back and wished I had not spent the money on them. Slow and vibrate something fierce. I only own a few pieces of snap on, but as things break or wear out I ahve been replacing them with Snap on. There was a time I could not fathom buying snap on but after I got the shop I realized that dependability was worth the extra money not to mention he comes to my front door and I do not have to go to town to argue with the kid behind the counter at sears (1 1/2 hours of waited time drive/ argue/ drive).

Nice looking grinders Dean. When you make your living with your tools it's great to have the best. It reflects on your "craftsmanship." We used to refer affectionately about our driver as being the "Strap-On" man. No problem if you think you can't afford them...... weekly payments are the answer.:D

Urbicide said:
No problem if you think you can't afford them...... weekly payments are the answer.:D

Yeah, that always cracked me up. My Snap-on guy would tell me the exact same thing. "Just open an account, it's free." I thought "Ok, I may be younger than you, but I wasn't born yesterday." Credit isn't free...the free account means that you are screwing me so hard to begin with that you don't have to charge interest! LOL The sad thing is though, lots of people hop on the bandwagon and become slaves to their toolboxes.

before adding apps, check to ensure you don't already own the equivalent.

right click on your image.

if it's an image you own, you'll have an option to "open with". Fly over this and see what your options are.
you might see software you loaded when you got your digital camera.
you might see a photo editor (or two) you didn't even know you had.
you might see microsoft photo editor.
...something with photo in the title.

any of these will have a re-sizing tool that is easy to use. normally it will be found under the "image" tab in your editor or organizer.

rule of thumb:

always use pixels. you will have an option to change from inches.
make the larger dimension no greater than 750 pixels. (height or width).
this is a good size, dial-up users won't love ya, but they won't hate ya.

when you close the application, you'll normally be asked if you want to "keep the changes to such & such". if you say yes, the image will be replaced with your new (re-sized image). you find it right where it was before.

if you wish to have both images saved, you'll need to save the new (re-sized) one.

file>save as>mydrunkwifeatthebeach resize. jpg

this is real basic, not condensending, this needs said from time to time on the forums i frequent.

Back