Christmas paper knots?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcy-m

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I love the top down fire building I learned here. I don't often have newspaper for newspaper knots, and now we have lots of Christmas paper. Is there any reason not to use it?

I hope y'all had a great Christmas!

8093a91053d6385ac9d3421830a67eeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use paper with any kind of slick finish. If you have a catalytic stove, those kinds of papers can poison the catalyst, but in my case, with a non-catalytic Lopi, I don't think they burn well, leaves a mess. I think the 'slickness' is created using a form of clay.

Some(not all) shiny inks that create dioxins and then if your spreading ash on a garden you might be eating those dioxins. Problem is identifying which ones are or not.

Some(not all) shiny inks that create dioxins and then if your spreading ash on a garden you might be eating those dioxins. Problem is identifying which ones are or not.

Dioxin. Learned about it on the History Channel. America's worst man made disasters. Just google times beach or Howard Bliss. Howard Bliss spread an oil on the roads to control dust from the gravel roads. The oil he got from a local chemical plant and it contained dioxin that intern leached into the water supply. Dioxin gets released into the atmosphere mostly from the uncontrolled burning of chlorine's.

Even though I live with a municipal waist system (curb side garbage pick up) I wouldn't burn garbage in a burn barrel because the temperature doesn't hot enough. Although I have done pleanty of it when I was a kid

Latest posts

Back