Christmas Wraptoring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ordered the Wraptor and think that it's going to change the way I feel about big climbs. At first the price kinda made me little leery but with some research I felt that the price is actually reasonable. Production and my outlook on large jobs with high climbs is going to be immeasurable. I talked with Paul Cox and he stated that the owners of the unit will never look back. Any owners out there?

Last edited:
Thats a pricey gadget!! hopefully it will pay for itself????

LXT.........

TV and JPS have them I want one but am trying to survive at present. I think if you have the money and workload it would be invaluable in wear on you body and increase production.

Probably great for old timer's, just a ride for the young guy's.
Jeff :D

That makes absolutely no sense.:monkey:

This is the single biggest innovation since dependable climbing chainsaws. If you knock it you just can't afford or too cheap to buy one for your climber/s. Every perspective you previously had about a big free climbing job changes. Young climber or old climber. Nothing is lost and everything is enhanced.

Simple as that. It is the SMART choice.

$2500. I have made that in one half day with a 2 man crew before.

TreeVet you gots all the toys!! I can see how you got $2500 in 4 hours or maybe 6, don't know how long you guys go for. I song came to mind when I checked out your site. Jealous Guy by the late Great John Lennon(RIP). The guy at the end of the splitter looked to be needing something else to do. I worked on a chicken processing line and I don't really know if it was all legal but man those Orientals can work ya! I didn't have time to scratch my nose.

TreeVet you gots all the toys!! I can see how you got $2500 in 4 hours or maybe 6, don't know how long you guys go for. I song came to mind when I checked out your site. Jealous Guy by the late Great John Lennon(RIP). The guy at the end of the splitter looked to be needing something else to do. I worked on a chicken processing line and I don't really know if it was all legal but man those Orientals can work ya! I didn't have time to scratch my nose.

That was my boy at the end of the conveyor. Got to find him in the summer home from college as he hides from me. We don't need him at all. He is more in the way than useful. Hopefully that will change some day.

Actually i agree; 30-40 years ago it would not have made me that much more productive. Now it's indispensable. the math was easy; $2500/10 more years climbing/100 climbing days/year = $2.50/climbing day.

To get to the top so quick and so fresh and look down at the whole tree and plan the working descent---aaaaahhhhhhh!

To get to the top so quick and so fresh and look down at the whole tree and plan the working descent---aaaaahhhhhhh!

that happens for the less wrinkly challenged as well :laugh:

besides many old timers that were way (read WAY) above average climbers when young....never got fat and go to the gym and gonna out climb the youngsters without it (when old).

andddd.....it is not all "working DESCENT" after you get to the TIP.

Get the work done quicker, do more work....have more FUN. Go home and brag about it on AS or forum of yer choice.

Still thinking hard about having a Wraptor up and running this spring. I know it's the smart choice for all the reasons mentioned. To a climber a Wraptor is like a bucket truck and a GRCS is like a crane, and for 5,000 you can have them both without the hassle of either, this is what I keep telling myself anyway, lol.

Haha, I told a couple of the climbers at work about the wraptor and they had a real negative attitude about it. As the one guy put it, if you can't get up in the tree, then there is no reason for you to be in it. I'm still open to it though as I could see where it would really be a time+energy saver.

I give the old school guys some credit though. While some of the new age guys are still hooking up their ascenders or wraptors, the old timer's will be starting their saws and making the first cut. I admire their attitude of "get hot" once you step out of the truck.

Haha, I told a couple of the climbers at work about the wraptor and they had a real negative attitude about it. As the one guy put it, if you can't get up in the tree, then there is no reason for you to be in it. I'm still open to it though as I could see where it would really be a time+energy saver.

I give the old school guys some credit though. While some of the new age guys are still hooking up their ascenders or wraptors, the old timer's will be starting their saws and making the first cut. I admire their attitude of "get hot" once you step out of the truck.

Probably if "climbing" means spiking every tree.....the significance diminishes. But then "if you can't get up in the tree" without spikes....there are many reasons for you not to be in it.

I can still get up any tree anywhere without it.....but I don't have to....I can afford it (and pretty much anything else in this world I want as well).

Probably if "climbing" means spiking every tree.....the significance diminishes. But then "if you can't get up in the tree" without spikes....there are many reasons for you not to be in it.

I can still get up any tree anywhere without it.....but I don't have to....I can afford it (and pretty much anything else in this world I want as well).

Ha, feeling a lil salty eh? I'm just giving the opinion of a couple climbers I work with and they are legit and very good at what they do, especially pruning (which the wraptor would be used). And when I say pruning, I'm not talking about lion's tailing it and calling it a done job.:biggrinbounce2:

Ha, feeling a lil salty eh? I'm just giving the opinion of a couple climbers I work with and they are legit and very good at what they do, especially pruning (which the wraptor would be used). And when I say pruning, I'm not talking about lion's tailing it and calling it a done job.:biggrinbounce2:

they don't get much saltier than I am mate.

let em (what about you?) demo one for a day if they are production climbers and watch em change their tune.....if ya can afford one.

btw what ARE you talking about when you say "pruning" just for curiousity sake then?

Still thinking hard about having a Wraptor up and running this spring. I know it's the smart choice for all the reasons mentioned. To a climber a Wraptor is like a bucket truck and a GRCS is like a crane, and for 5,000 you can have them both without the hassle of either, this is what I keep telling myself anyway, lol.

I love my GRCS! and wood buy another one in a heart beat. I countless jobs where to be honest, I don't know how I wood have done them. I do know that there wood have been alot of branches brushing roof tops and sliding down them. What I've noticed and used the Grcs for is Pretensioning of the rope and pulling away from roof tops is huge. Otherwise alot smaller pieces which is more time. When you do get one you will fall in love with it!!!

I love my GRCS! and wood buy another one in a heart beat. I countless jobs where to be honest, I don't know how I wood have done them. I do know that there wood have been alot of branches brushing roof tops and sliding down them. What I've noticed and used the Grcs for is Pretensioning of the rope and pulling away from roof tops is huge. Otherwise alot smaller pieces which is more time. When you do get one you will fall in love with it!!!

Preaching to the choir Rick, already have one, lol. It's invaluable when needed, actually valued at 2500 lol, but I don't use it as much as my porty or fixed dual bollard.

Who you callin' "Old Timer"???

I've been thinking about something similar for my golden years of climbing. Anything that can make me more gold is a good thing.

Seriously,I think I'm going to build my own. I've got a capstan wench (my "Grcs") that with a little rigging I think I could make work. I wanna leave it on the ground though, too noisy to be in my face like that. I find a great serenity in climbing in silence.

Sometimes I'll even have my ground crew shut everything with a motor down so I can climb in silence.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about something similar for my golden years of climbing. Anything that can make me more gold is a good thing.

Seriously,I think I'm going to build my own. I've got a capstan wench (my "Grcs") that with a little rigging I think I could make work. I wanna leave it on the ground though, too noisy to be in my face like that

Jomoco?? Is that you??

Hahaha, Sorry Doug, inside joke, :cheers:
Jeff

What, this has been tried before?

I'm just getting the hang of this board Jeff, but I'll bet Tree Machine has already done this I should learn to search first and ask second.

Back