Chuck n duck kills

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NeTree

NeTree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Political-correctness keeps me from telling you what I REALLY think, Justin. But... I suspect you and I are thinking the same thing. ;0)

Dadatwins

Dadatwins

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sad to say, think this is more 'operator error' than an equipment problem. There is NEVER a reason to put any body part in the chute of a chipper at ANY time unless it is turned off, not spinning, and the key is in your pocket.

redprospector

redprospector

Addicted to ArboristSite
Any machine (especially a chipper, or chainsaw) is like a jealous woman. If you take your mind off of her, even for a moment, she will get your attention back.
But in this case if you stick your head completely up your a$$. She will eat you whole.
:rolleyes:

geofore

geofore

Addicted to ArboristSite
Bio-hazard waste

Once the body parts go through the machine the proper disposal costs of dumping the load rise dramatically. It should to be handled as medical waste (bio-hazard). Not cheap. It is hard to believe that some one would take this kind of risk. "I'll get in there and kick it loose" Oops! and your life is over. Where were his push sticks?

xander9727

xander9727

The Silverback
I posted this to break Erik's shoes........that's why it's titled as such. I'd never heard of someone dying do to a chuck-n-duck before either. There are exceptions to every rule.......this is also a possible darwin award contender.

P_woozel

P_woozel

ArboristSite Guru
NeTree said:
I still stand by them being safer.

This guy went thru great lengths to put himself in the position that killed him.
I'm with you on that. I still say they are a ???? good chipper, this poor guy made a real, real bad choice. Wow, I don't understand the thought process that led up to this. :confused:

tnttreeman

tnttreeman

ArboristSite Operative
Before I started out on my own, I was foreman of another tree company. We were on a land clear and I was running a highlift. I looked over just in time to see one of two brothers that worked for us (tweedle dum and tweedle dumber) standing up on the table trying to kick brush up in with his foot. I thought I was going to have to bury the guy with the highlift, because I was going to kill him if the machine didn't.

glens

glens

Former Member
treechick said:
I checked out the slide show and am completely baffled by it ?? I think it's a worker putting a piece of plywood at the infeed so as to cover the mess, dunno ?
That was my understanding as well.

I figure they were responding to the idiotic/insensitive helicopter crew snooping around.

Glen

Latest posts