Circlip Cross Reference

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's wrong with the clips that came with the piston? Poorly tempered, or are they the dog eared clips? I've had good luck with cutting the ears off the clips that come with Meteor pistons. I've done over a dozen that way, a few of them are work saws that run every day, no issues so far.

What's wrong with the clips that came with the piston? Poorly tempered, or are they the dog eared clips? I've had good luck with cutting the ears off the clips that come with Meteor pistons. I've done over a dozen that way, a few of them are work saws that run every day, no issues so far.

They're dog eared and don't hold their shape. I did trim the ears, but they want to bend rather than flex. I had one of these come out on another topend too. Fortunately, that was on my Dad's saw.

Brad, I couldn't help you with your dimensions, but here are some other sizes I have gathered- all are OEM clips unless specified.

359 .041" 12mm wrist pin

7900 .039" 12mm wrist pin

55 .032" 10mm wrist pin

262 .041" 12mm wrist pin

372 .039" 12mm wrist pin

Aftermarket-

Meteor 346 C-shaped .031" 10mm wrist pin

Meteor 346 Double-eared .037" 10mm wrist pin

346 P/C kit from Weedeaterman .031"

Last edited:
Bringing up a thread from the dead. I have an ms360 I'm rebuilding with a new meteor piston for a good friend and want it right. One of the circlips bent installing it and so it's junk. The OEM ones are much thinner.
Basically we're comparing .031 to .039. Anyone know the thickness of a Honda or Wiseco 10mm circlip? I can't find replacement meteor clips.

Bringing up a thread from the dead. I have an ms360 I'm rebuilding with a new meteor piston for a good friend and want it right. One of the circlips bent installing it and so it's junk. The OEM ones are much thinner.
Basically we're comparing .031 to .039. Anyone know the thickness of a Honda or Wiseco 10mm circlip? I can't find replacement meteor clips.
Hmm strange, I put OEM Stihl in meteor on my 039 and 260 builds. No problems

Back