• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Clean 036 Pro - $325 PHO + Shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1270

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I thought I'd check here before putting this entirely stock, workmanlike machine on eBay. I found its idle carcass in a box of parts that had, from what I could tell, been gathering dust in someone's shed for several years.

Under the grime was the heart of a very nice saw, in excellent mechanical condition. Most of the paint had been worn off the bottom of the case so I suspect it rode around in a truck a fair bit, but with glossy covers, so few scratches and so little paint loss on the front of the oil tank, I don't think it did a lot of cutting before it was damaged and shelved.

Physical evidence suggests something not-too-heavy had hit the brake lever and top handle, breaking the lever and top cover, bending the handle and, damaging the place where the front handle attaches to the right side of the fuel tank. I splurged on the nicest used OEM fuel tank, brake lever, handle, clutch and top covers I could find. I saw no reason to remove the cylinder, but I stripped everything else off, gave all the parts a thorough cleaning, and torqued fasteners to spec as I put it back together. It also received a new OEM air filter, cold weather shutter and impulse line... except the impulse came from a Dolmar dealer, rather than a Stihl shop :).

For reference in the pics below, the crankcase, cylinder, recoil and air filter cover are all original, so they're your best cues as to how much it has been used.

Selling it PHO, but if you need a B&C, the 20"/.325 Pro-Lite seen in the video and a few decent used chains are available for cheap. I can also swap in a 3/8 sprocket, but I don't have a spare B&C of that pitch.

P1030418.JPG P1030419.JPG P1030420.JPG P1030421.JPG P1030422.JPG P1030423.JPG P1030424.JPG P1030427.JPG

Nice. Wish I wasn't gonna dole out the same coins on two new deep cycle trolling motor batteries for the boat after work today, but the crappie be callin' my name, lol.

Latest posts

Back