• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Promac555

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to get a new power head (only) for my 36" Alaskan Sawmill that runs a 36" bar.
Not really married to a specific model, just want a clean Husky power head in the 90 cc family.
Great compression is a must and some sign's of wear are OK - but not a saw that's been backed over by a truck or is leaking oil/gas... you know the routine.
The more good photos the better and thanks in advance for reading this... Stuart

I would drop the 390 from the list for a 36" mill. That takes a 42" bar to max It out. Maybe send elect6845 a message. He may have one That will work for you.

im a stihl man personally. switched from a husky 372 to a stihl 460 years ago and havent went back. even so i would add the 394 to my collection. i do a lot of big tree falling and bucking and it would be a perfect fit. i see a lot of 30"+ trees and a saw like that is what youd want to handle them. i know a lot of guys prefer the bigger saws for milling also. the torque of that 394 would be great in a mill. hope someone grabs it soon.

Latest posts

Back