Clean ups

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Its amazing how many people don't do that!
aaf_roll.gif

You don't. But then again, you aint paid to. Amazes me how few understand "contract climber."

Carl

Back to rakes (since I just got back from two weeks in california)

We use the 30" plastic... a couple of echo PB 210E hand blowers and an echo PB 650 backpack and a stihl powerbroom... And tarps
A man hour is a man hour is a man hour.... The power broom does an amazing job of cleaning up lawns for speed and perfection.... gotta get the bigger sticks up first.... Though with the big backpack being sooooo powerful, the powerbroom may not get used on a lot of jobs, and the Power broom takes up a lot of room in the truck....
When moving stump chips on site, it's hard to beat the powerbroom and tarps.... by sweeping onto the tarp, dragging and dumping, the debris never gets picked up... that saves a lot of energy...
By turning the head and using a pull motion instead of a push motion, the power broom never needs to be lifted off the ground, and can be "driven" over some distance rather than carried..

At close to $600, the power broom may seem a little pricey, but I wouldn't be without one..... Great for acorns, sweet gum balls, etc. too.
making cleanup quick and easy is great for moral... The only drawback to the power broom are the fumes and dust... I use a respirator regularly...

Last edited:
Tree Machine, looking at the picture you posted earlier, I believe that we are at the same "scale of operation". I'm also a scientist. But I don't have the gut to quit it for something I enjoy much more because I have four little ones to feed at home. what truck and chipper do you have in the picture? I like the way you made your own BOX. Erwin

Latest posts

Back