Cleaning out the Dead!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nskizwood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Marked 67 dead oak and ash trees on one of my pieces of property over the summer. Now the fun begins! Rigged up my Agco 30hp with nice A-frame with a choker cable attached. That small tractor is the best set up for all those 10 -18 inch trees I'll tell ya, zips around the woods with ease! Also cut a little wood for the cabin come rut in november. That is my pa and our friend that owns land next to us in the last pic. Wood sheds are all full so gotta use open storage practices for now!

Man, that looks great! Nice little tractor, great looking wood stacks. I bet you guys grow some big bucks in that country!

Looks good Nski. I didn't know you had that little chicken choker for the back of your rig there, where could I buy one of those? lol.

Hey, good to see the stacks between the trunks, and them older gentlemen still gettin' after it.:cheers:

Polyester slings are ok for some stuff..mostly lifting and anchor points but they deteriote over time from UV rays and the crotches of the eyes tear from friction always at the worst moment. You can buy a brand new steel choker from baileys and if you are smart you can choke up more than one log !:clap: but that might take some of the fun out of it..:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back