Cleaning wood stove glass doors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam_MA

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone uses to keep the glass clean on your wood stoves. I know it's not a necessity, but I bought a wood stove with a glass window in the door for a reason. I like to see the fire, and when I'm sitting on the couch I like to see the light of the flames dancing on the wall.

Anyway, I have been using this stuff called Fireview Mostly, I have been using this, because it's available at my local hardware store. It seems to work pretty good, but those real stubborn deposits still take some elbow grease to get off. The one thing I like about this stuff is it smells just like Windex, so no bad fumes.

What have you found to work well in getting the glass clean?

I use the ash deposits from the stove and a wet paper towel...It is free and works great...

Something I found out by accident, is baby wipes. i have two kids in diapers and we always have plenty around. Works good even on the real thick stuff. If that fails then a light scrape with a razor blade.

really surprised on one has mentioned the best of all above.

use simple green ... wipe on... wipe off... gunk melts away

Back