Clearing hydro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms460man

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi I have heard that if you call hydro you can have a tree trimmed back from the lines far enough for a non authorized worker to finish the job off is this true ? Do you have to pay and does the home owner have to call in for it ?

The reason why I'm asking is a have a few jobs where the tips if the branches grow over the primary and the home owner wants the trees taken down I do know that hydro will shut the service going into the home off for free once a year but don't know more than that. these trees are in bala Ontario any info would be apretiated thanks .

Hi I have heard that if you call hydro you can have a tree trimmed back from the lines far enough for a non authorized worker to finish the job off is this true ? Do you have to pay and does the home owner have to call in for it ?

The reason why I'm asking is a have a few jobs where the tips if the branches grow over the primary and the home owner wants the trees taken down I do know that hydro will shut the service going into the home off for free once a year but don't know more than that. these trees are in bala Ontario any info would be apretiated thanks .

Dont know about were your at! But were im at in town the city comes in at my request and cuts limbs back about ten foot from primaries and lets me go at it no problem! good luck!

The hydro lines in Bala are owned by Hydro One, you'd have a hard time getting them out there to clear the line for you. I can give you the info of a certified guy in the area if you wish to PM me.

Hydro one used to come out and perform that service to make it safe for the climber,they stopped doing this about a year ago.The only way they will do it is if the tree has to come down for construction purposes,other than that they will tell you they will prune it back from the lines when they are doing scheduled line clearence on that street.If you need someone to make it safe for you than don't hesitate to message me,I have all the right equipment and am hydro line clearence certified,We are located in Elmvale,about an hour south of you.

Thanks komitet I will keep that in mind I'm going to look at the job one weekend soon i will see what I think I just haven't seen the tree for a while so I don't know how close it may have grown towards the wires now but thanks rocko I will let you know too.

The hydro lines in Bala are owned by Hydro One, you'd have a hard time getting them out there to clear the line for you. I can give you the info of a certified guy in the area if you wish to PM me.

Sounds like you guys should be hitting that area! :) Hydro one has done it for me in the past, all depends where you are and who you know!

Welcome to AS, see your question has been answered here for you.

Back