Clearing road right of way for hydro myself?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyIan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here's my situation:
I'm getting hydro to extend their line 150m down the road to my property. I have to arrange to have the trees and branches cleared 15' from the line. After calling the township about cutting on the road allowance they said that they don't insist on having a professional do it. Is this normal practice in Ontario?
The lady I talked to on the phone didn't sound to sure of what she was telling me.

I'm guessing cutting trees on public property with out insurance is not recommended, or does the township's insurance cover me?

Part of me is tempted to quit asking questions and go out Saturday morning and just cut before someone gives me the wrong answer but I guess there is some risk in doing that.

Also I would still need someone to come out and trim branches off some trees anyways, is there a standard minimum price for a bucket truck to show up? it would only be a few branches with nothing to hit below.

I'll post some pics tonight.

Thanks,
Ian

Last edited:
Don't know what it's like up there but down here if you're on public property you gotta show proof of insurance minimum, some places you gotta be licensed and bonded.

Back