climbers:how old are you and when do you plan on hanging up the spikes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 years after this was was posted and still love climbing, especially now that the Wraptor is around.

Ditto, that, Guy! Hell, I even have my Medicare card now that I've turned 65. Glad to have my Wraptor back from being stolen....

Ditto, that, Guy! Hell, I even have my Medicare card now that I've turned 65. Glad to have my Wraptor back from being stolen....

Good news--lock that thing up! I would be so dead in the water without it.

44 and still a tree climbing bad ass. hell I am in my prime........now where did I leave that icyhot?

I just hired a 26 year old climber who is actually a very capable climber. He insists on climbing most of the trees and its kinda weird. I am not used to it. I guess I should be happy right? I think it wont be long and I could actually let them just do jobs and I could go do like estimates or whatever it is bosses go do. I dont if I am ready for that yet.

62 in another two months, or so. Still climbing. 10% BMI, 150 lbs. Vegan for most of my life. More energy than my 20-25 year old groundies. They take lunch breaks, I work on through.

I'll be 36 on the 11th and getting better every day. I've been doing about 75% bucket work for almost 8 years until this season. Seems like my "boss" finds every tall or inaccessible tree in a four county area. I do need to find another climber to give me some relief. We're running 3 crews and I'm starting to think I'm the only guy that knows how to put a saddle on and tie in.

Latest posts

Back