Climbers in Michigan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumpy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey, is there anyone else on this site from Michigan? I live up by Traverse City, MI. Have been climbing for about a year now, and would love to meet up with other climbers and learn some tricks of the trade and just have some fun.

Maybe I'm going to have to move to New York, California or Australia.

Welcome Michigander

Bumpy,

I operate a tree service in Muskegon, MI. (website in progress at treetom.net) Most of my takedowns are done with a bucket. For inaccessable and very tall trees I still climb. If you're looking for feedback on climbing techniques and experiences, (and many other tree-related topics) you've come to the right place. Have you ever tried a steak at Boones Long Lake Lodge? Awesome.

Tom

Mi. Climbers

What is the tree biz like up there? I know there are plenty of nice trees.I am curious because my wife is from Michigan and wants to move back.I am a climber here in colorado the mountains are big but the trees arent.

Nice Trees a about 15-16 companies

Yeah, I love the trees up here. I work at a camp near Traverse City and we actually have some "0ld Growth" trees on our property. Not gigantic but 90-120 feet. The big oaks up here are great!
I looked in the phone book of the Traverse City area, which covers a large area, and found about 15 or 16 different listings under Tree Services. More than what I thought there was, but I'm sure thier not hurting for work.

I do more recreational climbing and some side jobs of pruning, so I'm not in "the business" up here, so I couldn't tell you for sure what the market is like.

Latest posts

Back