Climbing saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pineclimber22

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi I’m 22 and have been climbing for about 6 months and I’ve been Trying to find the best saddle for comfort and back support I’ve been using the Petzl sequoia for a few months but it hurts my lower back pretty bad thanks in advance.ps price doesn't matter.

I think buckingham saddles are pretty comfortable. Before I was shown how to adjust my spurs for the right height, my back hurt. And before I was shown how to adjust the bridge on the saddle correctly, rope climbing killed my lower back too. A little adjustment might go a long way. The sequoia is a good saddle.

I did get new spurs and saddle at the same time so both probably need to be adjusted I'm gonna look into that it makes sense because the reviews and feedback from vermeer and Sherrilltree were the reason I bought the sequoia If that doesn't work probably going to order a monkey beaver saddle lol. Really appreciate everything.

Treemotion EVO has been a great saddle for me and even after I got spun around in a car accident it was comfortable with a tender back. I've seen suggestions to use your lanyard off the lower D rings to shift the load on to your hips instead of back but I haven't made the conversion yet but sounds promising.

Back