climbing school

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWAMPY036

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am currently trying to decide if going to Arbormasters climbing course is worth the investment ($429). I talked with the lady today and got the info. She seemed very friendly and had a very good understanding of what i am after. This is the climbing course 1 which needs to be complete before you can take #2 (more advanced) . I am new and self taught. I am looking to better myself as a climber. Also kill any bad or wrong habits I have developed . Any of you ever take this class all feed back is greatly appreciated

I myself have concidered going as well and from what I was told it is well worth the money. I am sure some will chime in soon.

TAKE IT!!! I did and not only will you learn a few things from a great crew of guys that have judged Internation climbing competions some of them have won there. They have a vast amount of knowledge. Also if they have the precision felling with it it's an added bonus. The class is well worth the price. I would say take the class.

Well I think I am going to set it all up on Monday. I will have to travel a little over 8 hrs one way. From the small amount of response I hope this is the right thing. PLEASE any input at all is welcome .

I went through The Game of Logging with Soren Erickson and Tim Ard in the early 90's before it branched out into Arbormasters, then I went through Arbormasters with Rip Tompkins and Ken Palmer, Tim Ard was also involved in some of it. It taught me a lot of tricks and techniques, plus being in a group of climbers gives you a chance to learn from one another.

Swampy....Do it !! it is so great to see and talk to other climbers and get schooled on new climbing techs. You will get alot out of it.

I've taken some of the arbormaster classes and can tell you they are worth every penny!

I've had helpers take it and they had a good time and said well worth it. One of them won a husky saw in a drawing, worth as much as the tuition.:blob2:

:blob2: Sounds great !!! Where canI get the info??? You know .... where is it being held...what date??? ...etc.ect.ect..... Is there a web site? As you can tell I'm very interested.

Yes the web site is www.arbormaster.com The date is the 13 &14 of nov. and it is in Richmond VA. After reading your post I checked the site and seen they offer quite a few classes in Fl. in Dec and Jan. I book Richmond and I am looking forward to going and I will let everyone know how it goes as soon as I get back. :cheers:

thanks

:rock: Thanks SWAMPY. I'm signing up for some courses in my area. Thanks again and I'll let you guys know how it goes.:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

DO IT!!!!!

I cant emphasize how important correct training is, hey its your life on the end of that rope! How much is that worth...

Good on you for wanting to learn correct techniques and iron out the bad habits! You will learn allot going there with a open mind.

You will not only learn from some of the best, but you will learn techniques and safety helping to improve efficiency as a climber.

PLUS you get to meet lots of cool people with things in common with you. Ya never know you could get some business contacts as well!

Too many positives to list

I have taken 4 classes with Arbormaster, they are excellent. Think of it as an investment in yourself,and your safety. Very few climbers have documented training, it's good for the resume too.
Corey

Latest posts

Back