Climbing with spurs/spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spikes are trash , I am learning to do removals without them , and the day I can throw them in a lake and never wear them again will be a great day . And if your doing spruce/pine you don't need spikes even at the beginning of learning to climb a tree .
That's crazy. Spikes give you so many advantages. Safety being one of them

"Spikes are trash" cracks me up every time!

ebajbl.jpg

treeclimber101, you should get your groundsmen to video tape you removing a coniferous tree without spurs and show everyone how fast you are without them. I want to know if you're as fast as you say you are, cuz I just can't picture doing those really excurrent trees fast without spikes. But I'm curious to see how you do. And if you are that fast, some of these zealous spur-advocates might back off.

treeclimber101, you should get your groundsmen to video tape you removing a coniferous tree without spurs and show everyone how fast you are without them. I want to know if you're as fast as you say you are, cuz I just can't picture doing those really excurrent trees fast without spikes. But I'm curious to see how you do. And if you are that fast, some of these zealous spur-advocates might back off.
I got some pictures of a monster spruce I posted a months ago ...maybe I should have told you to learn to climb first without them , I think that a new climber becomes awesome quicker when he learns without them . And when you use them you smoke through stuff , instead of vice versa trying to learn after you've depended on them for so long , if feels like something very important Is now missing instead of adding something later for speed and comfort

I got some pictures of a monster spruce I posted a months ago ...maybe I should have told you to learn to climb first without them , I think that a new climber becomes awesome quicker when he learns without them . And when you use them you smoke through stuff , instead of vice versa trying to learn after you've depended on them for so long , if feels like something very important Is now missing instead of adding something later for speed and comfort

Yeah, like learning to drive in an automatic before taking on a standard or learning with ascenders before footlocking. I would like to learn what you're talking about, but I don't really get what you're talking about. Is there a name for the technique you do?

Latest posts

Back