Climbing with spurs/spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I ? Sorry don't remember ever saying such a thing , yawn away rummy your the one who is stuck in the mid 90's bound to only what you see on AS LOL

No more along the lines of someone saying 99.9 % o the climbers in know wear spikes and in reality how many climbers can that be like 5/6 maybe , so basically the world revolves around the thoughts of 5/6 other peers , yea that sounds like a real good environment to learn and expand your brain in relation to be a better and safer more efficient climber , and while were on the subject of climber safety I'm sure that bum knee you got has nothing to do with years on those totally tubular geckos that your so proud of . Whatever ......be well and prosper

Wtf does not wearing spikes on a takedown have to do with being a "better, safer, more efficient climber"? You're just ****ing with me, right?

And I don't have a bum knee. But thanks for caring, Porks.

No I'm not ****ing with you , you think I wanna be all jacked up laid up for weeks sore with bad body parts ? No thanks like I said it's a ton less stress on my knees and ankles

An your as senile as **** man . I guess you forgot posting picture with your knee all iced up from that 2 day oak removal and then posting on many occasions gee I hope my knee holds out ! LOL **** off man your ****ing with yourself here brah

Never said I haven't had problems with my knees or feet in the past. Not lately though. I wouldn't really consider having a knee issue here and there over the years a "bum knee", that's all.

Woah.......getting a little too worked up about this man. Sme of you guys take this internet stuff a bit too seriously. I don't know what kind of trees your climbing maybe if it's something straight up and down then ya I could see no spikes but the hard woods out here in the north east it is just easier and faster with spikes. I'm not offended you can think what you want of me it's the internet I'm not guna get butt hurt if you don't agree with me lol

Ah, the old "you don't need spikes to do a take down" thread. I agree, if I don't have to put them on, I won't. I've never tried geckos but I'm willing to try if Vet will send me a pair.

Ah, the old "you don't need spikes to do a take down" thread. I agree, if I don't have to put them on, I won't. I've never tried geckos but I'm willing to try if Vet will send me a pair.

I would just go with your present spikeless method. I'm sure its very "liberating", as Eddie says.. :laugh:

Right. You mean like the revolutionary thought of doing pine takedowns using stubs to stand on?? That kind of new thought? lol
I gotta' laugh at that one 'cause I saw a couple dudes doing exactly that near my house. When I first rode by, I got to wondering why they weren't cutting the limbs closer to the main spar. I was tempted to offer a lil' bit of advise (yeah, like I'm a real professional ... not), but I decided not to since I had no dog in that fight. Ya' know what was more funny? They left the stubs on when they stacked their day's work. "I don't know anything AND I can prove it!"

treeclimber101 4885098 said:
Spikes are trash , I am learning to do removals without them , and the day I can throw them in a lake and never wear them again will be a great day . And if your doing spruce/pine you don't need spikes even at the beginning of learning to climb a tree .

This and treevets nija millionaire post are two of the funniest things I've read on this site.

Latest posts

Back