climbing without gaffs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, make some time to come out to Milwaukee for the TCI expo. There are workshops and vendors with demo people. Lots of regular guys who love to talk trees. Even if you don't want to do any of the seminars, just come for the tradeshow and bull sessions.

I'm sure we can find a tree or two to climb too.

Here is the budget
NYC/LGA to MKE - 228
hotel 3 night - 210
food - 135

Bring the creditcard for gear, usualy get 5-10% off.

paul, if i could make i'll go. by november i should be in savannah GA. i should be closing on my house in nyc at the end of sept. i'm not to sure what route i'm going to take in GA. we plan on renovating and flipping house's down there for a living. we pulled off 1 nice score of a flip last year.(thats why i sold my business) i was trying to get out of tree work. but now with out the headaches of running a business i enjoy climbing again. i now view work as a sport . plus it keeps me in shape for my mountaineering trips. i plan on going to equador to climb El Altar and Chimborazo in feb. plus my ice climbing trips to NH in jan.(my wife is going to kill me) if i stay in the tree's alot will depend on what kind of $$$ i could make down there. idealy i'd like to do tree work down there 3-4 days a week and work on house's the rest of my time.

Ok trade show only is 15 bucks. The entire card is 205. The early workshops are 95 more.

Beer budget, that is a factor only you can figure. Some of our local bretheren here need to budget several days work to cover the companies booze budget on a weekend.

Me, I've toned down my consunption since I got out of the Corps. Well, unless the beer is free, like at the WAA winter conferance "happy our" which seems to last three.

Back