Closed loop friction hitches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, not my pic. Just a good one I found online and posted the link to it for edification. Borrowed from your niece, didn't you mean to say?

A coopers hitch is a vt but after the wraps instead of doing crosses you take the two ends forward and then twist the two tails together on a 8 mm beeline thats 30 inches i use 4 twists

Last edited:
Sorry, not my pic. Just a good one I found online and posted the link to it for edification. Borrowed from your niece, didn't you mean to say?
Nope, I stole them! Have not been able to get her back up in a tree, weather always sucks when we have the kiddies. So all her gear has been sitting around and I wanted to try that i2i. Have 4 complete setups, so when we can get her in a tree, I let her have the cool colorful ones back and I will go back to the blah stuff

best imo is Donaughy's Armor Prus e2e 30", tying an xT which is a variation of the Valdo-tain tresse. If you are beginning to use eye to eyes, I would recommend starting with either a schwabish or a distel on 28" cord; I feel that those two knot are better for beginners because they tend to grab a little bit more reliably, and easier to tie for a beginner. I set mine up with 2 oval biner's and the hitchclimber rapide.

Back