cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gtg

cleverdale looks like fun and dont forget to bring the snowmobile .winter carnival at lake george in feb -look it up
and its only 3.5 hours from home

thinking feb, i have some land just outside of cuse. can run the saws, do a dutch oven full of chili, and have fun bsing a beering

I've got a farm with a couple hundred acres, 100 in timber. About 30 minutes south of 'Cus as well. Problem is by February, its usually only Snowmobile territory. One of the larger Snowmobile club trails runs aross my top fields. Its a highway in the winter. Would be fun to have a snowmobile/saw gtg up there in the pastures...even better a motorcycle/saw gtg in the fall next year.

I might be available for a gtg in Feb depends on the day...and I have a friend or two who would. Where are you?

I've got a farm with a couple hundred acres, 100 in timber. About 30 minutes south of 'Cus as well. Problem is by February, its usually only Snowmobile territory. One of the larger Snowmobile club trails runs aross my top fields. Its a highway in the winter. Would be fun to have a snowmobile/saw gtg up there in the pastures...even better a motorcycle/saw gtg in the fall next year.

I might be available for a gtg in Feb depends on the day...and I have a friend or two who would. Where are you?

i am up in marietta

Map Quest says Marietta (Just off Rt20) 30.21 miles and 42 minutes away...just up Rt 41 & East on 20...love that cyber accuracy...For me Sat afternoon after 3:00 and Sunday are fine. Typically I work from 3:00AM friday nights until 2:30Pm Saturday afternoon during the winter months. Guess I'll wait for the feed back from others. Also be interesting to get a gage on intereted peoples locations. One fella who would be interested from this area is a "Dolmar freak" and I believe has Saturday and Sundays off...he's a Motorcycle Mechanic at a shop.

Last edited:
thinking maybe the weekend of the 21st 22nd ?
have a couple of fresh black willows 36" + dia, to play with
as well as some smaller stuff to race through.
what date works best for all? i like sat, so i still have sunday to recover. getting old sucks
do a bon fire at night, to help with global warming, any anybody that wants to crash on the floor is welcome.

GTG Posting Suggestion!

Several times now I've seen post that say let's have a GTG, but you don't state good and clear where you live. You give abbreviations to your city or you say I live near Billybob or maybe you live in Cricket City, IN which isn't even on a map. It's like a solving a riddle firguring out where your at.

I suggest before you make a post about having a GTG, go to Google, Yahoo, or some popular online map (pick one and stick with only one) and type in your city and see if it shows up. If Cricket City, IN doesn't show up, but you live near a bigger town that does then state it good and clear.... I live 10 miles NE from Bonelick, IN on HWY666. Where I live is called Cricket City, but its not on the map. Then once you decide to have the GTG post up good clear directions with HWY numbers, road names and mileages on how to get there.

And that explains why your such a nag.:greenchainsaw:

So jeeptj that means Feb. 21-22? Good thing your giving plenty of time ahead. :dizzy: ;) There should be nine feet of snow up by you by then.

that date works for me, last year we had no snow....we usually don't get much lake effect here , but who knows...now if we lived in tug hill, there would be snow in July

Back