cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
041farmboss up for grabs

Will disasemble or ship whole -make offer. Saw runs good but the place where the housing connnects to the handle is broken. New full chisel chain sharpened only one time. I will send more pics when i can. I'm located in Wisconsin.

Just thought I'd let you guys know the Woodsmen Field Days in Boonville are the 21, 22 and 23rd. http://www.starinfo.com/woodsmen/:cheers:

That is a revelant point, but it may not be something that we need to work around. I doubt many guys would skip the GTG to go to Boonville.

IMO, a GTG where we can all get together and run some saws is far more interesting than Boonville. Same booths, in the same places, with the same guys demo'ing the same equipment. I'd much rather do something, than watch something. At any rate, since Boonville runs the whole weekend, anybody that really wanted to, could make both events.

In light of that..lets either try for one week earlier (Aug 15-16) or make it the first week in September (Sept 5th & 6th). My wife and I are taking the weekend of the 22rd thru to the 31st to help "launch" the last kid to college.

Last edited:
In light of that..lets either try for one week earlier (Aug 15-16) or make it the first week in September (Sept 5th & 6th). My wife and I are taking the weekend of the 22rd thru to the 31st to help "launch" the last kid to college.

Either one is fine with me, but Sept 5 and 6 is Labor Day Weekend, which might be an issue for some. "There's always something" LOL

Hello?

My two cents is that the August dates are good for me, any of them, that is. These months till then are going to be tougher for me, but I'd still try to come. Can't wait and later is better, maybe can get some more saws done.

Place is still here! Those dates are fine with me...we are finishing first cutting (A little late) and will start on a fencing project next.

Same type of format? I can set up what we origionally had planed....two are still out there and add some "real world" stuff as I have a lot that needs to be done. Lots of beach, Hop-Horn Beam, need to finish fire wood for this winter.

Time to start planning! Who's interested and what type of things should I focus on?

I would like to have it in line with those seasonal tasks on the farm ... Fire wood, milling planks for run in sheds, and related stuff like that.

I got one of those "Beam Machine" mills thats easier to setup and move from saw to saw to play with at this GTG.

What do you all think?

Also we are beginning to clear trails again as there is ..yet again.. interest in riding.

Anyone have vintage dirt bikes? If you do bring them along! By then there will be plenty of trails to ride.

Also any other related items that might be of interest? Old tractors or farm things of interest?

I'm in for whatever dates or agenda we settle on. I need a road trip!

Also, as I have stated earlier, I'm more into doing some useful work than endless cookie cutting, allthough a little of that would be fun for comparisons. Still want to compare the Pro Mac 850 to Weims' Homelite 900's.

I've added some more saws to the collection, so in an effort to "thin the herd", I'm going to bring a few gifts along. :) Got a few Stihls; couple are complete and would make good project saws, couple for parts. I'm not trying to instigate the usual Husky/Stihl crap. It's simply that if I start getting into Stihls, I'll end up with another 50+ saws. (I am keeping a couple of 041's cause I think they are cool saws) The Jeep will be full!

Expanding on that, we could have a little swap meet as well. Everybody has stuff that they're looking for as well as stuff that they don't need.

Looks like fun already! So..lets get a count going. WHO would like to be a part of this?

(Looks like a work bench will be in order...so I will have a place setup to rip & tear)

I also still have a couple of places I had set up for our spring GTG ...I will go out there this weekend and clean them up to see how time has treated them...

Back