cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15th and 16th are perfect for me. Most any other dates would also be fine. I expect that I will have my second GTG here at the store on Oct 3 with the Husky trailer full of goodies.

I like the informal competition between the old saws. When the heck was my Pro-Mac 850 made? Maybe in the 80's?

Close enough! Run it against my old 925?

Your on! They'll sound great running in tandem too.

If we want to stretch the date out to pre-1980, I have some other saws that would fit in nicely: Jonsered 910E, Husky 285CD, Stihl 045. Let's make noise!

I'm with you Scabba, after Labor day everyone should be less busy. Plus the
later in the year it is the less bugs there will be. But majority (and Walt)rules,
so if everyone else wants to have it before Labor, thats OK.

So your in Dannsville! I just got back from Stoney Brook, spent 5 days there.
We get there at least once a year. We thought about tring to get into the "Castle" but opted not to. The fence & the no trespassing signs scared us off.
CSW

The location is in Cortland NY, for those that were wondering. we'll have a map and or an address for you all as we get closer to the date. Is it the 15 and 16th that we've settled on or are we still not certain? I was hoping for the 22nd and 23rd 'cause I'd have an extra weekend to prepare, but I'll be there reguardless.
The swap meet is a good Idea, I'll bring a few to swap. Also like to do some milling and light logging. Look forward to seeing everyone! Can't wait!

OK...final count.

WHO can make it on the 15-16th?

AND if its better; WHO can make it the 29-30th

If you can make both dates work, please say "yes" to both.

Most votes in this thread from this point on picks the final date. For me, either can work only I will need some help on setup if we pick the later date. I won't have much time the prior week.

Last edited:
I'm hoping my wife will come and meet everyone. Maybe we'll camp if its not raining.
I'd like to do more, even if it's Sat. morning, to get set up. There is a large area that used to be the Main boiling room of the sugar shack. Its fallen down and I want to clear it and see if we can make the fire pit usable and the area as a gathering place. It has concrete floor, I believe, that would be better to stand on in the spring/winter than the mud/snow we had at the first GTG. Probably set up tables and or tents to cook and an area to congregate and work on saws. Eventually, there is a roof nearby that is in need of being erected on some posts to form a pavilion there. That's a hefty goal at this point, for this coming GTG, but then again, who knows? Walt also has several trees that need to come down, and tractors to move them around so we'll have plenty to keep us busy.
If you guys have bikes or atv's bring them. We can lead you on a good trail ride, no matter what your ability, bring them along. If nothing else,the atv's are handy to get around with. There's hundreds of acres and the best parts are not easily accessed with a truck (although a good Toyota with a set of decent tires is something that has always impressed me in the deep woods).:chainsaw:

This sounding better and better. If there are going to be folks camping out, I could come up Saturday afternoon and join the fun and help with some of the set up. It does sound like there's some work to do, so I'd be happy to pitch in if I could.

Latest posts

Back