cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15-16 just vaporized on me so looks like the 29-30 is semi open for me. Best I can do. Got to work at the Fair Sat afternoon-night, but can be available Sat am to help setup. Sunday is wide open.......at this point.

Where & When?

I have an old "work in progess" W-4...needs paint now. Put in a clutch & redid the electricals so far. It has fresh rubber & runs really well. Has the CNY typical "surface rust finish" on it now. Next project is to make it International Red.

Maybe you folks will morph our gtg's here over the years to get those old tractors and related woods implements here...they are always welcome. Along with Quads & vintage off road motorcycles.

Last edited:
I'm bring a woods related implement for that International tractor Weimedog. Some logging tong's set up for a 3 pt hitch. We can skid some logs out the field to buck up.
Those W-4 tractors are cool! I was just looking at one that was used in a orchard. The tractor had full flarings for working around trees Made the tractor look like it just came off the race track.

I'd like to do some cooking this time. Maybe a lumberjack brunch?

I'd like to do some cooking this time. Maybe a lumberjack brunch?

I like the sound of that! Are you thinking flapjacks, and bacon & eggs, hash browns kind of brunch?
I'll bring some cooking gear and help with that.
Is everyone else OK with a 'lumberjack brunch'?
It would be convenient to have everyone on the same page as far as food goes, but either way it's not a big deal.

Who all is going on Sat.?
CSW

P.S. Scored a Free Remington 754 yesterday! I'm hoping to run it at the GTG

I like the sound of that! Are you thinking flapjacks, and bacon & eggs, hash browns kind of brunch?
I'll bring some cooking gear and help with that.
Is everyone else OK with a 'lumberjack brunch'?
It would be convenient to have everyone on the same page as far as food goes, but either way it's not a big deal.

That menu sounds good to me. I'll be there Sunday morning about 7 We could do some cutting first and eat about 11?
I can bring a stove but we should have a couple of them.

That menu sounds good to me. I'll be there Sunday morning about 7 We could do some cutting first and eat about 11?
I can bring a stove but we should have a couple of them.

Sounds great. We need to work up a good appetite. I'm sure it will be better than the logger's breakfast at Booneville. "Can I have a large order of grease with extra salt please?"

11:00 is a good time, and it will still allow for another meal later in the afternoon when we're done and hanging out with a few beers. (After the saws are put away). I could bring a pot of my world famous Sneak-Attack Smoked Chili.:angry2:

So maybe we can divide duties between the breakfast crew and the supper crew.

BTW, I must be looking forward to this because I'm already getting some saws ready. I'll bring up a 576AT cause it's new and not to many guys have seen one yet, but I'm thinking mostly some older saws to play with.

350/46NE conversion
Husky 285D
Jonsered 49SP and 920
Stihl 045
Solo 603
ProMac 850
Mac 7-10A
And a couple more.
This list will change just about every day, but I want to limit myself to 10 saws max.
:clap:

Great ideas guys- I like the brunch idea and I'll bring the grill again and can do either charcoal or gas or both. I'll help any way I can in my cullinarilly challenged way. (Probly better at fixing recoils and carbs than cooking) As it stands now I'll be around Sat and Sun and plan to camp with the family Sat night.

I won't be able to make it until Sunday cause of camping. I can probably help with the brunch, frying up some eggs or whatnot, if I make it there on time.

By the way, has anybody bought/ looked at that 045 super on the Binghamton craigslist for $125? I might just make the drive if it's still there and work gets rained out tomorrow. :D

:cheers:

I'll be bringing some stuff to trade at the gtg. Gotta get things organized in the garage and there's way too many projects lying around. Rather see stuff go to someone with more time or needs the parts or whatever.

Where & When?

I have an old "work in progess" W-4...needs paint now. Put in a clutch & redid the electricals so far. It has fresh rubber & runs really well. Has the CNY typical "surface rust finish" on it now. Next project is to make it International Red.

Maybe you folks will morph our gtg's here over the years to get those old tractors and related woods implements here...they are always welcome. Along with Quads & vintage off road motorcycles.

Up around Candor,NY. Where exactly, I duno. It's at an antique tractor club.

Latest posts

Back