• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Columbus Ohio, Tentative September 14th All Chainsaw Garage Sale and CAD reformation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
OK, looking to gauge interest here.
There is no Buckeye game on the 14th, so am hoping to unload a bunch of saws pretty cheaply to AS members if they are interested.
Chime in if you are interested.

About 250 saws from complete to still complete enough to pick up by the handle.
@ 20 vintage assorted hard cases
Chains from pico to 6' bar skip sizes, new and good used.
Lots of parts for : poulan, stihl, pioneer, mac, craftsman, homelite
Fewer parts for dlomar, jonsered, husky, Dayton, mall, echo
Shelves and bins full of NOS parts as well as droves of good used stuff
100+ bar guides all sizes and brands
lots of saw literature, if I can get IPLs for the majority of the Stihl models, I will part with all the lit.

My thoughts - Saturday middayish, burgers, brats, hot dogs, maybe cool T shirts if we can get a CCC logo together in time, plastic case saws $2-15 each, metal, bigger cooler saws $20-100, my garage needs me to get rid of at least 150 saws soon so I can walk around :), parts @ 60% of ebay prices, invitation only so there aren't 40 people all trying to clamber through the bins of parts at once, maybe a big log or two that needs to feel the touch of a saw, I'll have 9-10 of my working Stihls on hand (not for sale). Just brainstorming here, so thoughts are welcome.
Dave

Sounds like a fine idea. About a 2 hr from Green Sgrings to Columbus for me.

Is it ok if Guido camps out in your yard? He should chime in shortly.

Are you the guy with the Craigslist ad that had a shop etc and closed up and trying to move everything? Down that way and been watching the ads for awhile now. Just dont feel like the hour 1.5hr drive to look and see. :rock:

Not the best weekend for me as I was planning to head to VA the prior day. We have to work with what is best for you.

I am going to try and make it! I think the garage sale thing is a great idea Dave!

Are you the guy with the Craigslist ad that had a shop etc and closed up and trying to move everything? Down that way and been watching the ads for awhile now. Just dont feel like the hour 1.5hr drive to look and see. :rock:

I bought the remaining stuff from the grandson of Anderson chainsaw in Newark, I did find the stuff on Craigslist while looking for an 066
Dave

You are all done inventoring and selling off your personal sponsor page here now?

No not by any means, just trying to regain some garage. After this Saturdays trip I have 200+ saws sitting on the garage floor, it's crazy
Planning to. List and sell parts here and perhaps the better saws but it is really. A massive bunch of stuff and thought this might help alleviate the overcrowding :)
Dave

Chris is currently listing some paper stuff on the E that garnered no interest here.
Working on getting everything into a system where he can easily identify and list parts

Its only 8 hrs or so away from me. I'm sure the wife will be fine with it..... do you take credit cards :D

Actually you should order one of those cube things for your smartphone or tablet, they are free and you can take credit cards as payment, they charge 2% and you can put the money in a bank account or have it loaded on a prepaid gas or visa card. I have one for my roadside junk I sell and it has made me some sales that I would have never had without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back