• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Columbus Ohio, Tentative September 14th All Chainsaw Garage Sale and CAD reformation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might swing by on my way to Lexington. Any chance of posting a few pics of items offered?

I sent you a PM quite awhile back about a saw you pictured, not even the courtesy to reply, thanks for nothing. Oh and 5-6 hrs for me, so I wont be making that trip.

Hmmm just checked the pm folder don't see your name at all. It was certainly chaotic with Pms for awhile. Sorry if you feel slighted, what did you need?
Dave

I sent you a PM quite awhile back about a saw you pictured, not even the courtesy to reply, thanks for nothing. Oh and 5-6 hrs for me, so I wont be making that trip.

I am in the same boat. I inquired on some items several weeks ago and was assured they would be held for me. I believe I sent 2 follow up messages inquiring on cost and payment arrangements and never got a response. People go into these endeavors with thoughts of quick money and don't understand how daunting and overwhelming a task it can be. Disappoint a few people and word quickly gets around.

I am in the same boat. I inquired on some items several weeks ago and was assured they would be held for me. I believe I sent 2 follow up messages inquiring on cost and payment arrangements and never got a response. People go into these endeavors with thoughts of quick money and don't understand how daunting and overwhelming a task it can be. Disappoint a few people and word quickly gets around.

I still have the Poulan literature, I am saving it for you, don't have a price for it yet, I may need to use some of it to figure out which parts go with which saws, from the bins of parts.
In short I can't sell it yet, but will give you a price when I can. The fact that you volunteered to scan it for the use of other AS members certainly factors into my pricing in your favor when I am ready.

It is indeed daunting and overwhelming. Between texts, emails and PMs, I bet I get 60 messages daily asking for something specific that I have no idea if I have or not. I run a company full time, chainsaws are NOT my full time job.
Dave

Just looked back at your 5 PMS I have not yet looked through the Poulans for the models you asked about.

Last edited:
"fins to the left,fins to the right and you're the only bait in town"

Hmmm just checked the pm folder don't see your name at all. It was certainly chaotic with Pms for awhile. Sorry if you feel slighted, what did you need?
Dave

Yes, I'm no dummy, I waited a week or two after the first post was made to avoid the bull rush that I knew was coming his way.

There was no picture of the saw I inquired about, it was one that he typed out that he had. If a man took the time to type that model out, it should be a easy one to remember.

It was just a old off the wall Poulan 201 that I being a collector would be interested in just to verify the differences in the early 200 series first hand.

There was also a early lime green 361 style saw but it had the all black top covers making it a 400/401 or such and I would be interested in it as well.

When he gets unburied that is.

People PM me all the time and I always make a point to return it.

Dave has been stellar, standup to deal with for me. Slow, yes... I understood what WE ALL have tossed back at him when asked if we were interested in old chain saw parts... WE ALL overwhelmed the man. Give him some time.. he'll sort this all out and many will benefit.

Wish I was closer. You buzzards will pick the bones clean and leave folks like me the remains.. That's cool, cause I would do the same if I lived closer...

Dave has been stellar, standup to deal with for me. Slow, yes... I understood what WE ALL have tossed back at him when asked if we were interested in old chain saw parts... WE ALL overwhelmed the man. Give him some time.. he'll sort this all out and many will benefit.

Wish I was closer. You buzzards will pick the bones clean and leave folks like me the remains.. That's cool, cause I would do the same if I lived closer...

tpope,
Im glad you got that GB bar, Im sure you will enjoy it. I had PM'd Dave early to see if he had any bars before he set up sponsorship. He said he had a GB bar. I responded and said I was interested and asked the price. I didn't hear back, I figured he was slammed so I patiently waited. I was a bit dismayed to see it up in his forum about a week later for sale dirt cheap and then sold quickly . :msp_mad:
So I've had similar experiences as others. I can only imagine how much work this is but, If you cant have good communication with everyone, then people are gonna get pissed and things will go sour. Word will get around.

I will add that I did have a successful transaction with Dave where I bought a banner at a reasonable price. It aint all bad. I am hoping that I can have successful communication and sale for some bars in the future if he can pull this off and all you other Ohio vultures don't clean him out in September :hmm3grin2orange:

Ill be in Reynoldsburg for training on the week of Sept. 23. I wouldnt mind stopping by just to see the massive saw pile.:msp_w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back