Compare Dent's book with Ard & Bolin's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,

They are both excellent books I do have both,Dents book has alot of excellent info on hinges,notches,etc..but Tim's e-book has to do with the more modern types like open-face cutting,bore cutting,tree measurment,wedging etc..I highly suggest you acquire them both,you wont be sorry.

Rob.

Just received Tim Ard's e-book. It is definitely worth getting. I particularly like the video clips.

Since you are in the New England area I highly suggest you contact the Northesatern Loggers Association,it cost $18 a year to become a individual member you get a subscription to the Northern Logger,plus a ton of other things.They have a very large video lending library which is a excellent source from logging / felling / equipment operation / forestry / sawmilling etc..

Later Rob.

i tried to order Tim Ard's disk online a few times, figured it sounded like a good enough deal.

Was wondering how y'all felt about it now, how it compared to Dent's bible on felling etc.

Specifically, about hinging with offside lean....

Thanx,
:alien:

Back