Concept Camaro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needs to look more agressive. make it look like a true 69 camaro with a 396 under the hood, and give it a good 6 speed tranny.

YUK!

From an old Camaro & Firebird racer...............Ford & Chrysler got their's right........GM blew it with this thing. The front end looks like a smiling Asian?
Unlike the other 2 cars, I don't even see the resemblance to the orig. iron !
I only hope it doesn't make it to production, it's damm embarrassing.

The resemblences are there, but not as distinct as the new mustang. I like the body lines, but the nose could use some work.

I personally wish they would have taken their styling heavily from the 1967-1968 models of Camaro. I think the body lines are cleaner and the car looks more compact. Not that I don't like the 1969, but I always thought it looked a little bloated compared to the earlier cars.

Here's a pic in red...IMO, they need to redo the front grill a bit...At first glance, it's like "what kind of car is that?", unlike that new 'Stangs or Challenger Concept, when you see it, you know what it is...
Ron
54799695.jpg

Challenger Concept
60979741.jpg

asb151 said:
Looks like its official. GM has approved production for 2009.

I hear they will be based on a platform built by Holden(GM) here in Australia.

The same platform will be used for our new Monaro which you got some of the old ones as a Pontiac GTO.

Trev

TwoTurboVolvos said:
Hope the front end is redesigned.:(
Ron
Hell no!! That's the most distinctive and attractive aspect of the car. The sloped, downward pointing v line gives an aggressive, sporty look. :rockn:

spacemule said:
Hell no!! That's the most distinctive and attractive aspect of the car. The sloped, downward pointing v line gives an aggressive, sporty look. :rockn:

Space, this is supposed to be a retro car, other than the round wheels, is there a single body line that resembles the 67,68,69 vehicle?

Back