Concept Camaro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TwoTurboVolvos said:
That's one RARE wagon I'd give my left nut to have!
Ron
attachment.php
Rare and desirable are two different things. :cheers:

Paul61 said:
Space, this is supposed to be a retro car, other than the round wheels, is there a single body line that resembles the 67,68,69 vehicle?
You really don't see the similarities? Retro does not mean copy.

Johnny1.jpg

chevrolet_camaro.03.jpg

spacemule said:
You really don't see the similarities? Retro does not mean copy.

Johnny1.jpg

chevrolet_camaro.03.jpg

Now that I see both pics side by side, I do see the similarity to the 69.
No wonder the retro looks so bad, I always thought the 69 was ugly compared to the 67 & 68, it lasted 1 year then was scrapped for the re-designed 70 model.
They did ruin the front grill area though, it looks like a goofy smile :ices_rofl:

stihlatit said:
...........and it will be built in Oshawa Canada.

Let's hope something else will be built alongside it on the same line...not much of a trade off considering they build three of GM's best selling models there now(Impala/Monte Carlo, Buick Lacrosse/Allure and Poncho GP)I can not see them selling too many of these to tell you the truth given its niche is pretty small, and the price of gas is going nowhere but up.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "butt ugly". You are right, these will be like Ford's T Bird retro, you could not buy one the first year for any $$$$ and then there were no customers who wanted to fork over $40K for a toy.

spacemule said:
I say they'll be popular. You all simply have poor taste! :hmm3grin2orange:

This comment from a 94 Impala owner!:biggrinbounce2:

I see in the paper this morning that Oshawa did get the Camaro-they expect to build 100000 of them a year which seems optimistic. In the process the CAW had to agree to contracting out of janitorial and maintenance jobs.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2006/08/21/camaro-oshawa.html

If you are going to build cars in Canada or the USA, Ontario is a favourable location given the costs of providing health care to employees is a lot less than US locations.(Last two years Ontario made more cars than Michigan) I read that GM is now paying out $5 billion a year in health care premiums and benefits to its US workers. That really affects the bottom line!!!

Last edited:
Believe so, as did the big Caddies that year onwards. Not so sure about Buick Roadmasters which were also the same body shell.

The good news about the Camaro is that it is built on a RWD platform that is readily adaptable to other vehicles, including family sedans and the like, and it appears more than one kind of vehicle will be built on a highly flexible line. As it stands now, 100000 Camaros are replacing the current output of 300000 Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick Allue/Lacrosse

Last edited:
Back