Considering 32" bar and big saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I bought an inexpensive 7hp saw and 32" bar. I am working with filthy wildfire destroyed trees so gunking up an expensive saw made no sense. Actually got the saw a few days ago. Took a couple days to figure out the carb tuning at 9000' altitude.
Makes cutting stumps at ground level 10 times easier. I find the weight of the saw kind of helps with felling. No need for a big saw when bucking. All my saws noodle when bucking - most struggle when felling larger trees.
So happy with the big saw I bought a 72cc saw with 28" light weight bar tonight. I love saws and guns it seems.

A few things that will help a lot. Pull the flywheel and file the leading edge so the flywheel can advance a little. Pull the cylinder and remove base gasket. Use regular gasoline. I have a 372 XP which is about same size. I works well on limbs and small trees. Thanks

So I bought an inexpensive 7hp saw and 32" bar. I am working with filthy wildfire destroyed trees so gunking up an expensive saw made no sense. Actually got the saw a few days ago. Took a couple days to figure out the carb tuning at 9000' altitude.

Makes cutting stumps at ground level 10 times easier. I find the weight of the saw kind of helps with felling. No need for a big saw when bucking. All my saws noodle when bucking - most struggle when felling larger trees.

So happy with the big saw I bought a 72cc saw with 28" light weight bar tonight. I love saws and guns it seems.

pics or it didn't happen.

395xp. But if you can wait, they are supposed to release a 500 series in the 90cc Range with autotune sometime soon. If your changing altitudes and temps, the autotune will be your best friend. If your going the Stihl rout id try to find a nice used 066 or 660.

Back