Considering a new Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alaskan malamute. Scale is hard to determine in pic but he is 105lbs.
Poor guess by me but a beautiful dog. The Alaskan Malemute is one of the strongest dogs of all and some say it is the strongest. It was used as a prop in Disney's 1991 White Fang movie. Supposedly a Mal was cross bred with a wolf to create a wolfdog and used in dog fight contests. The wolf genes made it more fighting mean, but the dog genes made it physically stronger. Owners say they have loaded sleds up with 2,000 lb of logs and one Mal can pull them. Gasp!

Poor guess by me but a beautiful dog. The Alaskan Malemute is one of the strongest dogs of all and some say it is the strongest. It was used as a prop in Disney's 1991 White Fang movie. Supposedly a Mal was cross bred with a wolf to create a wolfdog and used in dog fight contests. The wolf genes made it more fighting mean, but the dog genes made it physically stronger. Owners say they have loaded sleds up with 2,000 lb of logs and one Mal can pull them. Gasp!
Yah he is a beast when he wants to be. My first one was far better trained and worked as a pack dog. He could carry 40lbs on his back. Pull me and my boy on a sled uphill at a full run. They are generally gentile but can show extreme strength when they want.

I have the 290 and the 261c. Both are very close in size and power. I like the 261c over the 290. The 261c is about a pound lighter then the 290 but seems to have better power then the 290. I run 20'' bars on both and I prefer the 261c.

Latest posts

Back