Contra query

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmytensaws

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Evening Gentlemen,
Another saw followed me home today, its on old contra, says 1963 on the bar.

The guy I bought it from said it hadn't run in years and sold it for £79 (about $100) for parts.

It looked complete apart from badly perished rubber hoses so when I got it home I put a new fuel line and fresh gas and it fired up 2nd pull.

Couldn't believe my luck. Apart from a worn out chain its fine.

[video=youtube;EXspwznkBws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXspwznkBws&feature=youtu.be[/video]

As I have no frame of reference for a big Stihl I wondered if you could help me out.

I cut for about 2 minutes and went deaf, all my dental work fell out, my hands are throbbing and numb as I type and I'm still coughing.

Is this standard operating procedure for one of these saws?

Please help,

Thanks

Timmy

PS. Do I suck?

Last edited:
Evening Gentlemen,

The guy I bought it from said it hadn't run in years and sold it for £79 (about $100) for parts.

It looked complete apart from badly perished rubber hoses so when I got it home I put a new fuel line and fresh gas and it fired up 2nd pull.

[video=youtube;EXspwznkBws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXspwznkBws&feature=youtu.be[/video]

As I have no frame of reference for a big Stihl I wondered if you could help me out.

I cut for about 2 minutes and went deaf, all my dental work fell out, my hands are throbbing and numb as I type and I'm still coughing.

Please help,

Thanks

Timmy

PS. Do I suck?

Yes you do ,Suck.
The big Stihls like the Contra, 070 and 090 that do not have antivibe are good boneshakers. I run mine though without any problems in this regard.

Evening Gentlemen,

Please help,

Thanks

Timmy

PS. Do I suck?

Ok, I'm here to help Timmy! before this saw kills you! box it up and send it on to me!!.....I'll reimburse your 79 quid:msp_thumbup:

Serious though, i'd gladly pay $100 just for a original embossed bar, if i could find one!.......You got yourself a bargain, well done!:cool2:

Congratulations.......for sucking!!!LOL

I'll give you $200. That's 100% profit. I know that's a little steep, but what the heck.:laugh:

It's not, we get $1.50 to £1 currently, now I'll double his money if he wants to mail it to me, and the postage is cheaper!

Timmy, go to the ConFor show next week, you'll meet a few people who can help
Nice buy btw, you do suck, I paid £200 for mine

Back